Kick Me...Please!

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/06 10:22 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Bridget, Don't worry. Your anxiety is VERY normal. (Wait until you're a few days away from your date, then you'll know what anxious IS!!) I was the same way, but it all works out fine. I had my surgery with Dr. Joya on Aug. 16, 2005. It was the best thing I've ever done for myself. It was a great experience. Read my profile for my experience. There's some pictures there too. I wish you the best on your surgery. Kina 220/147/120?
rahnava
on 1/15/06 11:57 am - LaPlace, LA
I just paid my deposit for Dr. Joya a couple of days ago to have surgery after crying about it for years. It's not until March, but I am nervous already. It seems like it was so hard getting here, but it is so easy since the funds are available. It's really scarry. I feel better seeing other patients of Dr. Joya and I can't wait. No one wants me to have the surgery in Mexico, but we all here know what it'slike to have a lot of smaller people in the family who don't know what it is like to be this heavy. Anyway, I'll stick around the boards more often so that I can get to know ya'll better. I never know when I will need a little push or have a question.
pattycake
on 1/19/06 10:59 pm - macon, GA
most of us felt the same. especially when they tell you your ticket is non refundable and you are getting closer and closer to the date. it is sucha a rush. i never felt nervous until i was on the table and the anesthesia guy was looking down at me... then i said oh my god it is really happening... then i woke up in recovery!!!!! and you'll live happily ever after.. go ahead and confirm your flight... do this for youself... your family and your life. it is normal and you'll be fine. we love you here.
vickig
on 1/21/06 10:06 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
i never got nervous until i saw how small the air port was in pv. mexcio. my sister and i looked at each other and said o s... but the hospital was beautiful small and clean, almost cosy!then i was fine untill i was on the table and the techs and one of the dr.s were luughing at my french pedicure!then the one dr. is explaining lap band...i was laprny. the other one was trying to stop him he kneww wich on i was having! i was laughing with them when they put my mask on! next thing i remember was telliin my sister i couldn't get any air! she wouldn't let me take the oxygen mask off, i didn,t nknow i had had sx. and was in my room with oxygen! best exp. with anastesia i ever had! was much more nervous on plane flight home! it dawned on me what i had actually been through! to busie shoping in mexcio to think about all that then! al in all go with your heart!i knew i was never in any danger, thats why i was able to laugh!vicki g
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/06 11:03 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
Okay...tomorrow is the day. My mother-in-law (whom I adored) passed away Thursday. I went up Wednesday night to be with her and just returned home tonight. On the drive home, my husband and I finally had a chance to talk about the surgery. He is fully for it and said, "Puerto Vallarta? Let's do it!" so...I'm gonna do it all tomorrow! Thanks, friends!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views