Kick Me...Please!

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/06 3:24 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
Okay...I need a kick in the seat of the pants. I have everything in place- My money is secured. My doctor has approved the date. I have ordered certified copies of our birth certificates on-line since we'll be traveling to Mexico. But I am sitting here with the FunJet page where I accept the dates of flights and enter my info and I'm stuck. It's like I can't quite do it. It would seem so final. Is this normal? Any words of wisdom? Thanks... Bridget (who would kick her own butt if she could)
cward2001
on 1/14/06 7:05 am - TN
Bridget, I think this is normal. I remember first procrastinating with my surgery deposit. Then with the airline tickets. My surgery is Wednesday (ack! did I just say that?) and I still haven't gotten the cashier's checks to take with me (will do that Tuesday). Each step you take is one step closer to *really* doing this. No matter how much we might want it, it IS a big financial commitment and a potentially huge change in our lives. So just ask yourself "Do I really NOT want to do the surgery?" As long as the answer is no, then keeping taking those steps one by one and you'll get there. Cindy
bridgetok
on 1/14/06 8:23 am - Sanford, NC
Cindy, what day are you arriving in Monterrey? My husband and I are getting in around noon or 1pm on Monday. I guess I will see you at the Hampton Inn? I'm so excited, and nervous too! Bridget
cward2001
on 1/14/06 9:09 am - TN
We'll be arriving about noon on Wednesday...so yes, we might see each other at the Hampton Inn! When do you check out? Bridget S., this can be a scary decision for families, too. People get comfortable with "who we are," so major changes, even good ones, can lead to stress. You can still book flights and make surgery plans while being supportive for your husband. Your having surgery isn't going to change your MIL's passing...but it will affect the rest of your life.
bridgetok
on 1/14/06 11:24 am - Sanford, NC
Cindy, we're staying until the 26th. I'm curious though. Don't you have to arrive early to meet with Dr Gonzalez? You're flying in the day of your surgery? Bridget
cward2001
on 1/14/06 11:43 am - TN
Surgery is Thursday, the 19th. Arrive Wed around noon, pre-ops first thing after we arrive. Cindy
bridgetok
on 1/14/06 12:34 pm - Sanford, NC
Oops, I'm sorry. I thought you said your surgery was Wed.
bridgetok
on 1/14/06 8:22 am - Sanford, NC
Aw, I feel for you. I was so scared to buy those tickets too. First I've never bought anything over $1000 on the internet before and the price alone freaked me out! But after I did buy the tickets, I felt such a huge relief. Bridget
(deactivated member)
on 1/14/06 8:28 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
Honestly, I'm terrified of the committment. I question if I'm strong enough to do this! This from a woman who accidentally gave birth to her third child at home, passed the National Boards for Certified Teachers the first time (only 2-5% of teachers in US are nationally board certified), and taught in a crack neighborhood in Houston, Tx. Grrr...I'm so disappointed in myself. I'm a strong woman. I think what I want is for my husband to say this is the right thing to do. He's not NOT being supportive, but he's not being supportive either. And for good reason, before I began all this, his almost 91 year old mother was busy planning her birthday bash with my sister and me. Now, she's at death's door...and we're waiting. I am being torn in two directions...the need to get things squared away and the need to have closure with her and support my husband. Oh what to do! Bridget
wendyjca
on 1/14/06 1:42 pm - Escondido, CA
Dear Bridget, Consider yourself having been kicked in the pants! I know things can be overwhelming at times. For me, securing the loan was the most stressful part! I had my surgery on 6/21/05 and even though I experienced very serious complications a month later, I would do it again in a heartbeat! I have gone from a size 20 to a size 6/4 in what I feel is such a short time...this surgery is truly amazing!! You should be SO excited and ready for this life changing experience, it is the BEST thing that you can do for yourself both physically and emotionally. You will have no regrets, except possibly wondering why you hadn't done it sooner! Best of luck, you will do great!! Take Care, Wendy 5'8"/243/139.5/anything else is gravy at this point-I am where I want to be!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views