I have a question

kmsheart
on 1/12/06 7:43 am - kenner, LA
I have been glued to these boards and reading differant forums.... I have come across several differant people that wind up having a stricture after surgery... Now I have not seen that on people that have gone south of the border.... or does it happen and they just post on a differant forum... have you had a stricture... and if so how do the doctors in the states deal with the problem since the insurance provider has already told us no ... will these problems be covered... the hospital cant turn you away .... Can they? what causes this to happen? from what I understand it is more common in the first 6 months.... Kim
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/06 10:55 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Kim, No help here. I've never had a stricture **knocking on wood as I type**. I think a stricture is basicly scar tissue that makes the opening in your stomach too small for you to eat what you should. I've heard it happening to people who are 2 years out, but I think it's MORE common sooner after surgery. Best wishes, Kina 220/148/120?
kmsheart
on 1/12/06 11:31 pm - kenner, LA
Kat, I don't really hear anything about it from people that have had their surgery in Mexico ... That is a blessing in itself ... but somewhere I read 1 in 10 get a stricture... scarey stuff I did want to say how great you have done on your weight loss huggs kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views