I need ideas for pre-op diet

bridgetok
on 1/10/06 12:24 am - Sanford, NC
I'm having my surgery in a week. I have been on a liquid diet for a week and have another week to go. I am SICK SICK SICK of protien shakes and chicken broth. Can anyone give me good ideas of what to eat? Low fat, low carb and LIQUID. I'm over that annoying ' constant hunger' feeling you get when you first start dieting. Now I just need some different flavors. Bridget
lmsmith
on 1/10/06 2:58 am - Burnaby, Canada
Herbal tea, sugar free popcicles, SF Jello....
bridgetok
on 1/10/06 5:20 am - Sanford, NC
Herbal tea is a good idea. I have sf popsicles but then we had a cold front last week, lol. Bridget
bonnied
on 1/10/06 1:37 pm - St. Albans, VT
I don't do protein shakes, never found one I could choke down and I spent hundreds of dollars testing them. Even the $3 per bottle Isopure doesn't sit well with me. If you are on full liquids, cottage cheese counts as a full liquid and is packed with protein. Also SF carnation instant breakfast, not nearly as full of protein as the shakes, but much yummier.
Bellina925
on 1/11/06 3:47 am - Margate, FL
Brig You must be so happy that your the day is almost here. You can have cream soups if you want they are much more filling than clear broth & try some yogart shakes. Im not a big fan of the stuff but when there arent many options they end up tasting pritty dam good. You can drink Gatorade also. I know how your feeling I just had 2nd fill yesterday & am on liquids until tomorrow . Keep me posted & Best of Luck !!! To you & Your Hubby
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views