After CARE????????

sindarella
on 1/9/06 11:30 pm - New Castle, IN
Hi all!! Well it's me again with another question. LOL! When you get back to the states do you need to go to a surgeon that is in bariatrics only to do the continued care, or is your family doctor able to do this? I have heard that sometimes it is hard to find a doctor to take you in because you went to Mexico. Again thanks for the use of your brain cells..LOL Connie
NkyBelle76
on 1/10/06 8:52 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
Hi Connie. I was worried about follow up care before I had my surgery too. I'm following up with my family doctor and he'll do my lab work, etc. I then found some group support meetings in my area just for moral support besides all the people on here. Other than that I figure if some complications do come up, there is always a bariatric doctor on call in the ER! But hopefully it never comes to that! Good luck to you! Melissa
bonnied
on 1/10/06 1:41 pm - St. Albans, VT
It all depends on your surgery! Band or RNY? I had RNY, my PCP does all the follow up and has a nutritionist I can see if needed. I just went with a friend to her 4 month post op appt. All she did was sit down with the nurse practitioner and discuss how things are going and what she's eating (because their nutritionist was sick that day). Big whoop. Unless you have problems, a PCP can do your follow up if they'll agree to it. Ask them. Also look at local hospitals for WLS support groups. You do not have to tell them where you had surgery if you don't want to, but all the studies suggest that those who go to support group meetings after WLS are more successful. Good luck!
tfrodrig
on 1/18/06 1:36 am - Riverside, CA
Hi Connie, I found a Doc that supports WLS patients from this site....go to the welcome page (the 1st page when you log on) and half way down the page it says...Help me find a ______ "Bariatric Physician" to help me find a Doc that supports WLS in my area. I hope this helps... Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views