Checklist of items to bring to surgery in Mexico?

Mithow
on 1/8/06 10:52 am - NPR, FL
Hi all, thanks in advance for your help with this... I'm going to Mexico for surgery late next week & was wondering what to pack and if there's anything essential I should buy that will help make the trip more bearable, in your experience...thanks!! Mikkie
lmsmith
on 1/8/06 1:11 pm - Burnaby, Canada
Pack light!! I brought a bunch of stuff and didn't even use it. I used my chapstick quite a bit and having a pair of slippers was a life saver as well as the floors in the hospital I was in were tile. Loose fitting clothes to wear home on the plane are also a must have, the pants I wore down were VERY tight coming home due to swelling and bloating. Leanne LAP RNY - Dec 16/05 DR Joya - PV Mexico 274/247/217/147
Lorraine Wentz
on 1/9/06 7:21 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I'm not sure where you're going, but I don't think it makes a difference, wherever you go, if it's not your own bed, it's hard. So I suggest taking a pillow with you. Don't forget your hairbrush! I did that. But I got a really nice new brush! Also, very very important...... your money! I literally forgot our money and money orders for the surgery! Luckily, at that time we only lived five minutes from the airport, so I ran back to the house and got the money before my husband even got to the check-in desk! Ha! It was stressful none the less though! So don't forget! You're mind is going to be in a weird place, so these things are easily forgotten. I am usually attached to my camera at the hip, but because of my hectic mind set I also forgot that! Oh well! It could be just me and my brain fart of a mind! I wish you all the best! Cheers! Lorraine
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/06 8:45 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Lorraine, I had to hijack this one...you look great! Love your new profile picture!! I almost didn't recognize you. Keep up the good work!!! Best wishes Kina 220/149/120?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views