Cost?

sindarella
on 1/6/06 12:32 am - New Castle, IN
I know this is not the most important thing when your looking in to this kind of surgery, but what is the average cost in Mexico? My first priority is to find one of the best, but I didn't know what cost is there either. I appreciate your advice and help in my journey. Connie
happy
on 1/6/06 3:31 am - Boise, ID
Connie, I am going to Dr. Kuri in Tijuana for banding on Tuesday the 10th. My total cost for surgery, the hotel for three nights and lifetime fills (minus the cost of fluro) was $8950.00. I had to purchase my own plane ticket but it wasn't much, about $200.00 from Boise to San Diego. Since i haven't actually joined to losing side yet I can't tell you much more than cost. I would be happy to tell of my experience with Dr. Kuri when i return. Good luck on your journey! Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 5:33 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Connie, I went to Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. My lap RNY was $12,000 whi*****luded the surgery, hospital stay, hotel stay and roundtrip airfare. I think the lap band was $8,000. Best wishes, Kina 220/151/120-130
Nichole E.
on 1/7/06 6:57 am - Chisago City, MN
I had my surgery with Dr. Arturo Rodriguez in Monterrey Mexico. Total cost for surgery, hospital stay, the band, and 2 nights hotel was $9000. My surgery was at the Santa Engracia hospital which charges a higher hospital fee...but my doc also does some of these surgeries at a different hospital and that package was $7900.
psgraham29
on 1/7/06 2:28 pm - Seattle, WA
Lap RNY with Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey Mexico was $14,400 last July. He did a great job and the fee included my hospital stay, meds, all doctors costs. All but the hotel for aftercare and airfare. If you want the best, I think that is what I had. -Pam
gogeko
on 1/8/06 2:35 pm - Palmer, AK
I WENT TO DR. AGUIRRE IN ENSENADA. I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF PROCEDURE YOU WANT TO HAVE. LAP RNY, OPEN RNY, GASTRIC BAND, ECT. I CHOSE OPEN RNY. WHY? BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT REFILLS WITH A BAND. AND WITH THE BAND THERE IS MORE FREEDOM TO EAT SWEET THINGS. AND SWEETS ARE MY DOWN FALL. I CHOSE OPEN PROCEDURE BECAUSE I FELT MORE COMFORTABLE WITH THE DR. HAVING BETTER VISION. BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF DR.S THAT ARE VERY SKILLED WITH LAPROSCOPIC. BUT FOR MY PEACE OF MIND I CHOSE OPEN. I DO HAVE A SCAR FROM BREAST TO BELLY BUTTON. BUT IT LOOKS GOOD. I AM NOT BOTHERED BY IT. COST FOR MY SURGERY WAS 9400.00 THIS INCLUDED SURGEONS COST AND HOSPITAL COST. I SPENT 12000.00 ALL TOGETHER FOR PLANE FARE, THE APPARTMENT FOR 8 NIGHTS, A HOTEL FOR ONE NIGHT, FOOD, TRANSPORTATION, AND SOME SIGHT SEEING AND GIFTS. THE GOOD NEWS IS MOST OF THIS IS TAX DEDUCTABLE. SAVE YOUR RECIEPTS. DR. AGUIRRE IS A VERY GOOD SURGEON. I WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING I'VE DONE. MY TWIN SISTER IS PLANNING HER SURGERY FOR END OF FEBUARY. I WISH YOU THE BEST. CINDY
bonnied
on 1/11/06 9:06 am - St. Albans, VT
I saw Dr. Rumbaut in June 2005. It was $14500 for laprascopic RNY. Depending on if you are choosing a band or RNY, the costs vary greatly from doc to doc. My only advice is that you make sure you are having surgery in an actual hospital, not a clinic or surgery center, but a real hospital. Especially if you are having RNY. Apparently there are a few docs who do these surgeries in a "surgery center". That's one of the reasons I made the choice I did. Sure I could have gotten it cheaper with another surgeon. But I got the exact surgery I wanted, in a hospital, laprascopically by an excellent surgeon. When I weighed all the info, this choice kept coming to the top of my list. I did have to struggle to get the money together, but it was so worth it! Good luck in your search! Bonnie lap RNY 6/3/05 264/173/165
lmsmith
on 1/12/06 1:01 am - Burnaby, Canada
I also had mine done by Dr Joya in Puerto Vallarta. The total cost was 12000.00 and this included the hospital all surgery related fees and 3 nights in the hotel afterwards. I would reccommend him to anyone wanting to have LAP RNY. The service I received was way beyond what I have ever had by any Dr or in any hospital. They were amazing. Leanne LAP RNY - Dec 16/05 Dr Joya - PV Mexico 274/247/213/147
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views