JUST WONDERING??????????????

ketymo
on 12/23/05 1:34 am - oklahoma city, OK
RNY on 01/09/06 with
I WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT DRINKING WINE AND COFFEE AFTER RNY. I WANT TO KNOW IF YOU CAN EVER HAVE THESE AGAIN OR ARE THEY GONE FOREVER.
Dinka Doo
on 12/23/05 4:40 am - Medford, OR
Coffee Queen here...yes, you can have coffee post-op. I was told by Dr. Aguirre to wait 3 or 4 weeks (can't remember which). Other than that, I was good to go. Definitely don't do without my java every day. Wine, you can have it but it will hit you quick. And you shouldn't drink on a frequent basis because it can be harder on your liver. But the occasional glass has been had by many. I suppose some may dump on it, but most of what I've heard is that it hits you quick which some aren't prepared for. Dina
Naturegoddess
on 12/24/05 7:08 am - Victorville, CA
RNY on 08/08/05 with
Either of them should be just fine. I haven't been able to stomach either since surgery, but most people say they do just fine. Heck some people can eat sugar and everything post op... lol I'm lucky if I can stomach string cheese and water. Good luck! *hugs* ~Audrey~
bonnied
on 12/26/05 9:14 am - St. Albans, VT
I'm a tea drinker, and I've had a lot since surgery without any problems. I've had alcohol on occasion too, and it really does "hit" you quicker. I had wine with Christmas dinner without any problems and mixed drinks on other occasions too. I am just very careful to stay away from drinks mixed with juices and other sugars because I dump very easily. Good luck! Bonnie RNY 6/3/05 264/178/165
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views