doctor recommendation/follow-up fills

Pindy
on 12/21/05 8:13 am - Crofton, MD
hi, i'm interested in having LAP band surgery. since i'm a self-pay, i'm exploring the possibility of having the surgery in Mexico. specifically, i'm wondering if anyone has used or heard of Dr. Ariel Ortiz Lagardere in Tijuana. anything positive or negative would be helpful. also, i'm concerned about finding a doctor in the states who will handle my follow up and subsequent fills/adjustments. any recommendations? thanks so much. Cindy Crofton, MD
LinZhi's Mum
on 12/21/05 1:06 pm - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Hi Cindy! I have heard of fill centers usa are opening up in areas, making fills a good and easy access for mexico pts. Ask Your doc for any referrals in your area. Get your follow up secured, before you move forward. Honestly that is my sincere opinion. Goodluck!!! Sandy
Lena Kay
on 12/23/05 6:51 am - WA
I haven't heard of Dr. Ortiz Lagardere, but I went to Dr. Huacuz in the same city (TJ). You're smart to find your fill doctor before having the surgery because a lot of U.S. doctors won't treat Mexico patients.
bonnied
on 12/26/05 9:21 am - St. Albans, VT
Hi Cindy! I agree with all the other replies, make sure you have a fill doc who will fill a Mexican band. Make sure it is made very clear it is a Mexican band, some people have lined up their fills, then went to their appointments and were refused because it was placed in Mexico. One of the many reasons I chose RNY was because I was not able to find any fill docs here in New England that would fill a Mexican band. Good luck in your search, and kudos to you for making sure you have all your ducks in a row! Bonnie RNY 6/3/05 264/178/165
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views