Passport?

lakerskobeb
on 12/20/05 9:51 pm - Canton, OH
Hello all, As I get ready to leave for Ensenanda on the 10th of January I need to know what all did you have to take with you across border? I have a social security card and of course my license, but my birth certificate needs a lot to be desired. Its a bit torn so I may need a new one. Please let me know what all you took with you and what all they required. Thank You, Ronda
BeeHappe
on 12/21/05 4:01 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
All I needed when I went in August was my birth cert. But I think that is changing the 1st of the year. I think you will need a passport. May want to check into to this soon, as getting a passport can take a while!! Good luck. Jen
NkyBelle76
on 12/21/05 5:58 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
Ronda, All you will need is your birth certificate, but it has to have the raised seal, it can't be a copy. The passport thing doesn't go into effect until Dec. 2006. Good luck! Melissa
gogeko
on 12/21/05 3:20 pm - Palmer, AK
RONDA YOU MIGHT WANT TO ASK ROSELLA. I DONT THINK I HAD TO SHOW MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE. I WAS WITH BAMBI AND IT SEEMS TO MY RECOLECTION ALL I SHOWED WAS MY DRIVERS LICENCE. THEY SEE BAMBI AT THE BORDER ALL THE TIME AND MOST OF THE TIME THEY JUST LET HIM THRU WITH LITTLE PROBLEM. BUT PLEASE CALL ROSELLA AND MAKE SURE OF WHAT YOU NEED. I WISH YOU THE BEST. AND A SPEEDY RECOVERY. CINDY
bridgetok
on 12/22/05 8:48 am - Sanford, NC
Cathy at Dr Rumbaut's office gave me all the info: What is the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative? The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative will require all travelers, including U.S. citizens, to and from the Americas, the Caribbean, and Bermuda to have a passport or other accepted document that establishes the bearer's identity and nationality to enter or re-enter the United States. This is a change from prior travel requirements. The goal is to strengthen border security and facilitate entry into the United States for U.S. citizens and legitimate foreign visitors. Who will the Travel Initiative affect? The travel document initiative will affect all United States citizens traveling within the Western Hemisphere, who will now be required to carry a passport or other accepted document. It will also affect certain foreign nationals who currently are not required to present a passport to travel to the United States namely most Canadian citizens, citizens of the British Overseas Territory of Bermuda and Mexican citizens. When will the Travel Initiative be implemented? In the proposed implementation plan, which is subject to a period of initial public comment, the Initiative will be rolled out in phases, providing as much advance notice as possible to the affected public to enable them to meet the terms of the new guidelines. The proposed timeline will be as follows: December 31, 2006 - Requirement applied to all air and sea travel to or from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. December 31, 2007 - Requirement extended to all land border crossings as well as air and sea travel. I thought there was an additional phase to be implemented on December 31, 2005. Is this a change? In April 2005, the Departments of State (DOS) and Homeland Security (DHS) announced a proposed plan to be implemented in three phases beginning on December 31, 2005 for the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. After further review and considering the delay in publishing the public notice in the Federal Register, DOS and DHS recognized that implementing the December 31, 2005, phase would be problematic for travelers during the upcoming winter tourism season. This change will simplify the implementation and provide a longer lead-time for travelers to come into compliance with the requirements.
Ferchie
on 12/22/05 11:05 pm - Twin Falls, ID
Congrats on the date!!! Rosella told me to take my license and birth certificate, but I never needed my birth certificate for anything. The border guy only wanted to see my license. ON YOUR WAY BACK INTO THE STATES DO NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT ANY MEDS THAT YOU MAY OF PURCHASED IN MEXICO!!! WE ALMOST ENDED UP GOING TO SECONDARY INSPECTION BECAUSE MY PARTNER TODL THE BORDER GUY SHE BOUGHT 2 BOTTLES OF PENNICILLIN AND FREAKED OUT ON HER BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T HAVE A PRESCRIPTION FOR IT!!!!!! THAT WOULD OF SUCKED BECAUSE MY GRAMMA HAD LIKE 5 BOTTLES OF THAT PLUS 6 OR 7 OF A FEW OTHER THINGS SHE DIDN'T HAVE A PRESCRIPTION FOR!!!! AAAAHHHH IT WAS A VERY TENSE FEW MOMENTS!!!!! Take care Jeremy
Dinka Doo
on 12/23/05 4:45 am - Medford, OR
You already got lots of advice and info, but I just wanted to stop in and say "hi" and that I'm thinking about you as you gear up to go! Been a long time coming for you!!! Dina
donnahaas
on 12/26/05 12:01 pm - forney, TX
As of January 1st, 2006 you will need a passport for Mexico and Canada. If you travel across border in vehicle its not until Jan. 07.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views