Husband

Lorraine Wentz
on 12/20/05 7:59 am - St. Catharines, Canada
This is a story of an experience that happened to me. I'd like to share it with everyone. My husband and I were running errands the other day. We stopped at the bank on our way home. I stayed in the car while my husband ran in. Shortly after he stepped into the bank, a fairly large middle aged woman came out. I looked at her as I would anyone else. I didn't see her body, but the person that her face radiated. Which of course at her size, was a very sad person. She walked slowly to the passenger side of her car, which was along the curb that was covered with a bank of crusty snow. She opened her door and started to ease herself in. Her knee gave out as the snow under her foot collapsed. She was walking with a cain, so I could tell she was going to have trouble getting up. I could tell it was very painful for her. I was just about to get out of the car to run and help her, when her husband came out of the bank and went to her side. He grabbed one arm and started yanking! He was doing nothing to help her, in her now, embarrassing situation. I rolled my eyes and said what an idiot under my breath and got out of the car. I ran over and got behind her. I put both my arms under hers and had no problem getting her up. She got herself in the car safely and her husband closed the door for her. He then said thank you to me, which I gladly accepted as I was spurting out no problem! no problem! I went back to my car and got in. The husband went around the back of the car and I will never forget the look he gave me. It's a look that I have unfortunately seen many many times in my life. He gave me the look that I know to mean "if she wasn't so fat, this wouldn't have happened to her." I just want to say that I am so grandly blessed that I have a husband who has never done that or said things like that to me. He loves me the way I am and always has. Thick and thin. Well.... thinner anyway! This is something that I know is true 100% of each and every day. I hope this woman has the strength and knowledge to help her lead a healthy life and I hope that her husband slips and falls on his ass at least 5 times this winter! I love you my senor hoosband!! This story is available on my profile in case you want to show it to your loved one! Cheers! Lorraine
kmsheart
on 12/20/05 8:54 am - kenner, LA
I feel so much pain for the lady..... she has to live with this man day in and day out. I have low self esteem but it is not because of my husband and the constant nagging about my weight... like you my husband loves me without condition. I am not going to say he hasnt said I need to lose weight but it is always on my return from a doctor's appt of more pills to cure something else my weight has caused. I cant even imagine living with someone like the man in your story ... I am just glad you were there to help her up as it sounds as if he would have pulled her arm out of its socket .... Kim PS Lorraine saw your new piccies and you look marvelous!!!!!!
Dinka Doo
on 12/23/05 4:53 am - Medford, OR
Hell, I feel sorry for everyone involved. For the lady, most obviously. She has the struggle almost all of us here have had. Thankfully I haven't fallen like that and needed help up. But I'm bullheaded enough to break something new in an effort to right myself without help. I also feel sorry for the husband because he probably gets caught in the middle a lot. He may indeed be supportive of her, but he probably also hears nasty comments when she is not around or when people don't realize she is "with" him, and he has to try to deflect that somehow. Many people are weak and deflect it by apologizing...whether they should or not. It's a tough position to be in. Sure, he should absolutely be 100% in his wife's corner, but I can see how some people would fall into that negative pattern because of pressure from others. My husband has always been supportive of me regardless of size, so I feel fortunate for that. But neither did I feel like he was a great defender either. I have always assumed that role, so he has been the quiet one. But I'm certain he's never given an eyeroll or shoulder shrug to someone about me either. Still, I have had the occasion in the past where he was present to hear something nasty about me in front of him. And my kneejerk reaction was one of feeling sorry for him for having to witness it rather than me having to deflect it. After all, I spent a lifetime learning to cope with this crap....he didn't. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views