I am considering the lap ...

ickybay
on 12/18/05 11:52 am - corona, CA
I am considering the lap band surgery in Mexico. I need to talk to someone that has done the same!
ConnieDufe
on 12/20/05 12:47 am - The Woodlands, TX
Vicki, Hi! I had my lapband surgery with Dr. Rumbaut in Mexico on Dec. 15th. Everything went great! The first couple of days were the worst with the pain and all.......Day 4 seemed to be the turning point. The only problem in Mexico was communicating........NOT with the Dr. and his staff...they all speak English very well. Had a little trouble communicating with the nurses in the hospital and at the HEB when trying to purchase calling cards. Some people go by themselves.......but, I would highly recommend you having a companion to help you out there. I'll be posting some tips in another post. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me. So far.......I'm doing great! Good luck to you! Connie
ickybay
on 12/20/05 2:22 am - corona, CA
Thank you for your response. I've been so nerveous not actually conversing with someone who went to Mexico. Thank you so much for you information. My husband is going with me so I will have help. How was the plane ride home? Any other tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
tiemann
on 12/20/05 9:54 am - MD
Vicki, I had my surgery in Mexico on 12/9/05 with Dr. Aceves. His office staff is very kind and helpful. The hospital nurses and asst. are hard to understand but they give you a list in English. So whatever you want, you point to and they will get it. I will say that the hospital is very clean. Dr. Aceves is appoved with Inamed. He takes the time to explain step by step about the surgery. Yolanda is his patient cord. both her and the doctor speak very good English. I was treated very well by everyone. My surgery was at 9 am on 12/9/05. They surgery took 38 minutes after that I was in the recovery room for about 1 1/2 hours. By 2 pm I was up walking with very minimal pain and eating & drinking clear fluids. I can't handle narcotics so I only took tylenol for pain. I do recommend you take someone with you just so you have someone to communicate with when your alone in your room. My mother stayed in the hopital every night with me. She had her own sofa to sleep on. I researched this for about 2 years before I decided on Mexico and Dr. Aceves. He comes highly recommeded. Check out my profile. Happy Holidays. Donna T Balto, MD 252/ 239/ 150
Lena Kay
on 12/23/05 6:48 am - WA
I had lapband surgery by Dr. Huacuz in Tijuana a year ago. Everything went smoothly and the plane ride home was no problem. I had a travel companion who was a great help for moral support and companionship. My incisions healed perfectly, and I had a good doctor lined up in the U.S. for after care and fills. I'm completely glad I went to Mexico, and wish you good luck with your decision.
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/06 7:33 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Hello: I heard that Dr. Valencia from the bariatric program at UCLA is moving his practice to Tijuana. In case you are interested: http://www.uclabariatrics.mednet.ucla.edu/aboutsurgery/surgery_meet_valencia.htm (310) 206-5524 office good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views