Personal question for Dr. Aguirre Patients

lakerskobeb
on 12/16/05 5:08 am - Canton, OH
Hi You guys, As you know I will be having my surgery on the 11th of January (yeahhhh) and I have a question to ask. I have heard some people mention this before, but everytime I take anti-biotics I get a yeast infections. Has anyone experienced this with Dr. Aguirre and if so, will he give you medicine to get rid of it? I have heard so many people say that they got the worst yeast infection after surgery and I would go crazy if I have to deal with that and the pain. Please let me know how you guys handled this situation if you had it occur while in Ensenanda. Thanks, Ronda
cathy.fowler
on 12/16/05 7:36 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Rhonda, you time is getting close!!!! I know you're excited! I forgot to ask Dr A about the yeast infections, but I did go to one of the drugstores while I was there and picked up some stuff (No prescription needed!!) Good luck, I'll be checking your status! Cathy Fowler (-95 pounds!)
Cheri Moran
on 12/16/05 11:10 am - Big Spring, TX
Hang in there Ronda, it won't be long until you are on your way! I knew I'd get a yeast infection from the high doses of antibiotics so I took medication (over the counter) with me. You can buy it at a pharmacy in Mexico, too. I just took it with me so I wouldn't have to worry about getting to a pharmacy after surgery. I did get one, but was over it in a few days. I'm sure Dr. Aguirre would give you medication if you need it. I had a rash from the tape and he got medication from a dermatologist without my even asking him to get it. Cheri
gogeko
on 12/19/05 12:45 am - Palmer, AK
HI RONDA ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I VISITED SOB. SEEING YOUR POST HAS MADE ME HAPPY. IN JUST A FEW WEEKS TIME YOU WILL BE ON THE LOSING SIDE. CONGRATULATIONS. IN RESPONSE TO YOUR QUESTION, I DONT THINK IM MUCH HELP. I REALLY DONT REMEMBER TAKING ANY ANTIBIOTICS. ( UNLESS THATS WHAT THEY HAD IN THE IV WHILE I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL). THE ONLY THING I TOOK WAS THE SUPERDOL. THIS IS FOR PAIN. I WAS NOT IN MUCH PAIN. I TOOK THE SUPERDOL TO HELP ME SLEEP, I WAS RESTLESS FOR A WHILE. I HAVE HAD BAD REACTIONS TO ANTIBIOTICS IN THE PAST. AND I HATE TAKING THEM. BUT I HAD NO PROBLEM IN MEXICO. SHORTLY AFTER RETURNING HOME I HAD DEVELOPED AN INFECTION ON THE OUT SIDE AREA OF MY INCISION. ( I WORE JEANS AND THE BUTTON IRRITATED THE INCISION, THE INFECTION WAS NOT CAUSED BY ANYTHING DR. A DID). I WENT TO MY DR. AND SHE PRESCRIBED ANTIBIOTICS FOR ME BUT I DIDNT TAKE THEM FOR TWO REASONS. I DIDNT WANT A YEAST INFECTION AND THEY WERE HUGE. I DIDNT THINK MY STOMACH COULD HANDLE THEM. SO I KEPT WASHING THE INCISION WITH HYDROGEN POROXIDE AND IODINE. AND EVENTUALLY THE INFECTION CLEARED UP WITHUOT GOING DEEP INSIDE THE INCISION. LET SEE. SOME OF THE THINGS I THAT I EXPERIENCED AFTER SURGERY WAS CUAGHING. I STARTING CUAGHING UP HEAVY FLEM. SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO HAVE A TISSUE BOX HANDY AT ALL TIMES. THIS CUAGHING IS NORMAL. YOUR LUNGS NEED TO CLEAR THEMSELVES OF THE ANESTHESIA. YOU WILL WANT TO GIVE YOUR STOMACH SUPPORT BY HUGGING A PILLOW WHEN YOU CAUGH. OH BOY. I RATTLED ON QUITE A BIT. LET ME SAY THAT I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME. BE PATIENT WITH YOUR HEALING. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. CINDY
Lorraine Wentz
on 12/20/05 1:21 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Ronda, I'm so happy to hear that you finally have a date and that you are going to be on the road to a healthy you in only a matter of days!!! Isn't it exciting!?! As I did not have any problems with a yeast infection, I can't help you there, but I am going to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and let you know that if you have any questions, I am here for ya babe! You've waited so long for this and had so many let downs, you deserve this and all the rewards you'll reap from wls!!! Cheers! Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views