let me reintroduce myself

kmsheart
on 12/15/05 11:53 pm - kenner, LA
Hiya everyone .... Here I am doing as I promised myself starting again from scratch... Since Hurricane Katrina emptied my savings for surgery I suppose I am back to the begining ... it is Dec 16th in New Orleans and I don't even have a tree up. I talked to my daughter (15) about it and she said don't worry about it Momma ... we are going to give each other hand made gifts ...(psst they are my fave anyway) I have made the first deposit of money into the WL fund. so I start again ... Let me reintroduce myself my name is Kim. I live just outside New Orleans in Kenner. I am the mother of 2 darling girls Afshaun (23) and Homeyra (15). I have been married 24 years to Mehdi. We are your typical persian american family. I have been over weight all of my life except the 3 times that I starved myself thin and then gained back and extra person. My husband loves me just as I am as do my kids ... but I am the one who doesn't. I know that the older I get the more meds the doctors give me. My whole body aches from this weight I carry. Diets don't work !!!! I have been throught the denials from the insurance company I really dont get it why cant they just pay ....... (fumes....) I have made up my mind and I will go to Dr. Joya as a self pay. I have heard family members tell me that I am crazy that they dont know what they are doing they are butchers ... if they could only see past the nose on their face. I would not put myself in that position I have done my research ughhhhhhhh it just makes me so mad ... My aunt said to me that she was glad that my savings was spend here in the states ... Can you believe it .... Lord look at me ramble .... I just wanted to say hi and I am back ... chat soon ........................Kim
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/05 12:44 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Kim, Nice to meet you. I'm sorry you've had such a rough time of it. I hope things are getting better for you and your family. I'm glad you've chosen Dr. Joya. Read my profile and show it to your family, they will see it's not a chop shop. I hope you can get your finances together to get this done for you soon. I had to take a loan out against my pickup for part of mine. Maybe you could do something like that? Or maybe your local banker would finance the whole thing? I don't know. I'm sure you've thought of every possible way to do this, I know I did. I'm so happy I did this. You will be too. Keep us informed!! Best wishes and Merry Christmas Kina 220/157/130
kmsheart
on 12/18/05 2:20 am - kenner, LA
thanks kina ... I will get myself together it may take a year but I will as for taking out another loan my hubby said if we dont have the funds when we get these other 2 loans paid off will will be able to take a loan out on surgery ... but I am just going to put most of my weekly check in to savings except for 100 bucks that should add up fast... dh has agreed to handle all the bills I just need food money for the family .....fingers crossed that I can keep it up ..... thanks for the well wishes and I will be posting keeping myself focused .......kim merry christmas to all
Cheri Moran
on 12/16/05 11:21 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Kim! I hope everything continues to improve for you and your family. I know you have been through a lot. My brother-in-law is from Oberlin, so he had family that went through Katrina and then others with Rita. Don't listen to the doubters. There are a lot of really good doctors in Mexico. I had my surgery with Dr. Aguirre and I couldn't be more pleased. I had no problems what so ever and have done much better than a lot of people I know that had surgery with American doctors. You just hang in there and keep your dream alive! Cheri BW: 259/ Goal: 144/ Current: 128
kmsheart
on 12/17/05 2:26 am - kenner, LA
Cheri thanks for the well wishes ... I am very happy with the choice I made in going to dr Joya ... as for the family I told them the first time what I was doing but I suppose I am just going to do it without them now. I am 41 years old but I want to be 60 years young one day ...ya know ... wish your brothers family well for me .. I has been horrible to deal with I mean last nite I went to walmart you know the super wally world open 24/7 not here not anymore .... 7 to 7 and I was late had to get soup at walgreens they close at 9 whewwwww.... hope I have all my refills ...lol it will get better it will I keep telling myself ... my dream is alive thanks for your support
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views