Mourning food????

Rita W.
on 12/13/05 1:56 pm - Billings, MT
I'm preop (scheduled for Jan. 10) and find myself already missing foods and eating places. I'll see an ad for a restaurant or food on tv or in the paper and feel a bit sad thinking how I may never eat that or there again. Strange, huh? I guess it's just part of the emotional reaction when anticipating a lifestyle change.
lmsmith
on 12/14/05 1:25 am - Burnaby, Canada
I have been going thrugh the same thing. Except for me, it has happened all in the 2 weeks before surgery when I am on my liquid diet. People around me that know, have been really supportive, but others that don't know have just about killed me. ONe person brought my favorite peanut butter nanaimo bars into work last week and another bought me a box of turtles. Watching tv has been hard too, because I see things and wonder "will I ever be able to eat that again?". My mom had the surgery 13 years ago and can eat everything except for fresh bread and rice. So she keeps telling me that this is normal to go through and eventually I can eat a bit of everthing again. Right now I would kill for some nice rare beef!!!! Leanne Surgery Date: Fri Dec 16. 2 More Days!!!
LinZhi's Mum
on 12/14/05 4:51 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Leanne, Keep your eye on the prize! Goodluck Leanne, and goodluck. Your going to be in good hands. Everyone is so wonderful!! Sandy
bonnied
on 12/14/05 11:11 pm - St. Albans, VT
Hi Rita! You are normal! I even shed a few tears over losing my "best friend" It was especially hard watching others have what I couldn't because I was still on soft food, etc. Just remember, it's only temporary! I can eat just about anything now, except really high sugar foods, I get dumping syndrome easily. That's a very good thing, it keeps me compliant! Big deal that I can't sit in front of the TV and eat a whole pint of Ben&Jerry's ice cream! I can have a bite or two and still fit into my new size 12's! I wish you lots of strength, you'll be ok. Once you see the results, it will be so worht it. Hang in there! Bonnie lap RNY 6/3/05 264/178/165
bridgetok
on 12/16/05 1:55 pm - Sanford, NC
hi Rita I'm not really mourning food. But I am trying to enjoy every meal I eat now. We'll be starting a pre-OP diet just after New Year, so we're really going to enjoy this holiday. We can only afford a baby sitter once a week, so we've already planned dinner out for the next 2 Fridays, lol. During the week, we eat typical family food, some helper stuff and veggie or mac & cheese. I won't miss that crap at all! Bridget
Rita W.
on 12/18/05 11:14 am - Billings, MT
Glad to hear I'm not the only one--I'm having to make a lot of lifestyle changes. One hard thing now iis working nights--people bring all kinds of food and we snack all night. I'm switching to day shift next week, so that will help--can't snack the whole time. Luckily my favorite foods are those high in protein, fish, meat ,cheese--don't care much for fruit, bread,or sweets. I do get a craving for pasta, though. With these food preferences you'd think I'd be slim, but my main problem is portion control, which is why I decided to get the band.
Lorraine Wentz
on 12/20/05 1:26 am - St. Catharines, Canada
It's different for everyone, but here's what has happened to me after my surgery. I see food and I get a little melancholy, but I don't actually want what I see. I enjoy the memory of the bad foods and sometimes I want to have that feeling I would get when I ate the bad food, but I don't actually crave or have a want for the food in question. It's quite a mind trip for me, but I always feel so thankful that I don't want it anymore! I wish you all the best! There are lots of people I know having their surgery in January, so I will add you to my list of people to keep in my thoughts and prayers! Cheers! Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views