Post-op diet help???

happy
on 12/13/05 7:08 am - Boise, ID
Hello, i am having surgery on Jan. 10, 2006 with Dr. Kuri. Yes, i have the post-op diet information but i am just looking for any helpful hints on things that maybe go down better than others. Like good broths or juices etc......any help would be greatfully appreciated. Also any hints on the second stage, protein drinks and so on. With the holidays coming, i would like to do my shopping for post-op so i can enjoy my family and try not to focus to much on my surgery until later. Thanks
bonnied
on 12/14/05 11:25 pm - St. Albans, VT
I had RNY, so I cannot tell you what goes down better with the band, but from what I've read on here, it's different for everyone. For protein supplements, try to get online and order samples or get a phone number or address off of the ones at GNC and call or write for free samples so it does not cost you an arm and leg. www.unjury.com will send you a free sample of their powder. Try the powders and bars now, if you like them great, if you don't, oh well. You can also get in lots of protein through skim milk (mix it with carnation instant breakfast mix for a tasty protein boost) and cottage cheese. You should be able to get in milk no problem, 8 ozs (1 cup) only has 90 calories and 8-10 grams of protein, depending on the milk you buy. I get Hood simply smart, it has the water evaporated a bit, so 8 ozs ends up having more protein than reg. skim milk. A packet of CIB will add 5 grams to that and it tastes like real chocolate or strawberry milk. I have to get in my protein through real food, I can't choke down the supplements. I have tried every single protein supplement at GNC, the Vitamin shoppe and Walmart and cannot stomach them. I am too sensitive to the smell and taste. I even spent 3 dollars per bottle of the Isopure liquid. I couldn't finish one of them, so I still have 5 sitting in the cupboard. Definately try them all now, so you can stock your cupboards with what you like. Good luck on your surgery! Bonnie lap RNY 6/3/05 264/178/165
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views