I am home!

LinZhi's Mum
on 12/9/05 12:30 pm - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Hey everyone! I am home, rough traffic in Dallas, all is well, I feel great. Little sunburn from laying on beach yesterday. I had great experience and made some great great friends. Michalea, is there, did surgery fine, I did not get to see her, but left her some stuff with Natalie, and she reports she is doing well. I will post more later!! Sandy
NkyBelle76
on 12/11/05 1:08 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
Sandy, I'm so glad you made it home! Despite the snow and the worst connecting flight in Mexico City, I got home too. Talk to you soon! Missy
LinZhi's Mum
on 12/11/05 2:16 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Hey Missy girl!!! thank goodness I missed the ice!! We had a patch on the driveway, and AJ met me out on the drive to escourt me in. I am so glad you made it home, and hate to hear about the grueling connecting flights. I assume Amy made it okay? I miss you guys, had a great time. Hummm, I had a great time having major abd surgery, that sounds weird...but actually true!!!!!! I am going to try to pin down Dr. Joya and Gerald on some dates in June, AJ is fired up, says its the world cup for soccar and he said it would be on all the resort TV's. LOL!!! Sandy
NkyBelle76
on 12/11/05 10:00 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
lol.......the World Cup, huh. Well if that's what it takes to get him fired up, so be it! Yes, Amy made it home okay. We had a good time too. I was showing my mom pictures today and she kept saying, I thought you were there to have surgery not be out sightseeing!
Msilva01
on 12/19/05 12:54 pm - Chattanooga, TN
Sandy, I just wanted to thank you for the care package! Everything went well and that hot plate came in handy! I left it so the next person could take full advantage. So, how are you doing with food and water?. I feel great! However, I don't think I am eating enough? I'm never hungery and scared to over do it! I get down 10 oz of H20, 3 0z of broth, 2 popscicles and my vitamins . I tried scrambled eggs for the first time seemed to go down good. However, I was to scared to eat to much. I'm not sure what the full feeling feels like. I sure do not want to mistake it with the stuft feeling. So, I take a few bites and I'm done. Protien is another story! I have purchased 2 different powders 6 isopure fruit drinks and can't stand them! I know this is what my body needs most but it is so hard to get down,especially since we can't chug it! Anything that you have tried and liked would be a greatly appreciated suggestion. Thanks so much! Michaela
LinZhi's Mum
on 12/19/05 6:35 pm - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Hi Michaela! thanks for checking in! I have wondered about how ya doing. Welcome home! I hope you had a wonderful experience like I did. I feel great too. well, I am still on full liquids til christmas day. I am about brothed out...LOL I have done SF hot choc, cream soups and I have had best luck with Matrix hot choc for my protien. I have had one regular protien shake cold, and I seem right now to do much better with warmer type protiens and liquids. I been trying to keep my fluids up, and my skin is drying out, which I know is a sign to get more in! I have done jello, and do fine on that. I have not had a overfill stuffed feeling yet, but I would assume til I advance to more solid stuff, I won't. I know the first week when I was home, I kep****er, propel with me at all times, and I did so much better. I have drank quite a bit of hot tea, so that helps with the intake. I do think you need to concentrate on getting more fluids in Michaela. sounds like your progressing right along. I am glad you enjoyed the hot pot, and thanks for passing it along, maybe some more folks will get good use of it!! It sure helped me a bunch too!! Keep in touch, let me know how your doing. I am back to work, at doctors yest, down 34#, feeling good, except for my dry flaky skin...LOL Always, Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views