Introducing myself. (long)

tarastarisme
on 12/5/05 5:30 am - Tomball, TX
Hi, Since I have already asked a question and had many responses, I thought I should introduce myself. I'm Tara, I'm 23 almost 24(in Jan). I have been researching WLS for a long while now. I think I have been a member of Obesityhelp.com since 2003 but I am not really sure. I never have really posted on any of the message boards. I Have a 6 month old daughter and that has really made want to change my life. I want to be healthy for her and any future children I have. I always thought I wouldnt have the money for surgery. We have insurance but I know for a fact they wouldnt cover it. They wouldnt even cover my pregnancy fully They are really crappy. I am so happy that I found a way to get it. I am scared and I am aware of the risks involved, but I feel that there are big rewards as well. I chose the Lap Band because of the lesser risk, and I have no major health problems that need to be remedied quickly with a fast weight loss. As some of you know already I am trying to get a Jan 23 2006 date with Dr. Joya. I am so excited and my dh is really supportive. Not everyone is though(my MIL) haha. I wish I never even told her. I'm not telling anyone else, I learned my lesson. Anyway that's all I can think of right now! Thanks for reading all that! ~Tara
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/05 6:33 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Tara, Nice to meet you!! We're happy to have you here. This is a wonderful site for us. Actually, it's like an addiction for ME!! LOL Oh well. You'll absolutely love Dr. Joya and his staff. They'll take good care of you. Read my profile if you haven't already. I have my experience there and some pictures. Best wishes, Kina 220/162/130
Lorraine Wentz
on 12/5/05 6:45 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Tara, This is a great thing you're doing for you and your daughter. I'm 23 and had my son Kaleb when I was 20. Kaleb has benefitted so much from this surgery. He has his mommy to play with and take care of him the way it should be done. I feel like such an awesome mom now! I can't wait to give him some siblings, and to be an awesome mom to them as well! Good luck with your surgery. You'll do great! You're young, you'll bounce back quick! Cheers! Lorraine
bridgetok
on 12/5/05 7:46 am - Sanford, NC
Hi Tara. Congrats on your decision. My husband and I are going to have rny probably in January also, only with Dr Rumbaut. I hear you on the lack of support. My MIL was openly against the surgery when my husband brought it up to her. Like you, I wish he had never mentioned it. We're not telling anyone else until after it is done. The only person who will know is my brother, who will stay with our children while we're in Mexico. This board is great. Full of information and support! Bridget
BeeHappe
on 12/5/05 10:35 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
Nice to meet you Tara. Like Kina, this site is my addiction!!! I get on her at least 3-4 times a day to see what is new. You will love the staff and Dr. Joya. Not to bad on the eyes either!! Might as well enjoy the scenery while you are there!! Good luck and keep us posted. Jen 275/200/150?
bonnied
on 12/6/05 9:23 am - St. Albans, VT
Nice to meet you Tara! I am glad you are taking this chance to give yourself a better life. I had WLS only 6 months ago and feel so blessed to have this tooll available to me. As for support, you are in the right place! I have "met" such wonderful people on OH, people who truly understand what I'm going through and it has been beneficial to me, especially since I have very few people who supported my decision for WLS. Good luck to you for your January date! Welcome! Bonnie
LinZhi's Mum
on 12/10/05 7:39 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Hi Tara, I just got back from PV with Dr. Joya. I do not live far from you, I dont think. Your up by sherman? I am in Paris. Anways, have you found someone for your fills? I got few ideas for ya. I just had my band removed ( personal desicion) and had RNY. You will have not one problem with staff of Dr. Joya, they are there at your service. Goodluck, keep in touch and let us know how your doing Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views