RNY with Dr. Joya on Thurs!

Msilva01
on 12/4/05 10:58 am - Chattanooga, TN
Going alone, will I be able to call my family that day or will they call to let them know everything went OK? I know the procedure takes about 2.5 hours, how long in recovery? Will I be out for the entire night? I know this is on a "person by person basis. How did everyone else do?
Naturegoddess
on 12/4/05 10:30 pm - Victorville, CA
RNY on 08/08/05 with
My family called me on my cell. I was out of it for 24 hours, but usually that's not the case. They won't call for you, you'll have to do it yourself. You'll be on pain meds, so you may be a bit loopy... as long as nothing goes wrong you should be able to call that night. Good luck. ~Audrey~
BeeHappe
on 12/4/05 10:40 pm - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
Congrates!! You love them. Please tell everyone hi from Jenny from Iowa. They helped me call my family right before I went into surgery. I called collect, and they let me use their phone. Then my family called later that night to check on me. Everything went great. And I was up and talking to my family the next morning. They will help you call and you can use their phone, you just will have to pay for it, but it was not to bad expensive. But it was well worth the money to talk to the family. I was up and going the next morning early and felt great. But I had no complicatons!! It is a person by person basis, but if you have a good attitude and walk, walk, walk, I think the recovery is faster!! Please let us know how things go and I will keep you in prayers!! Good luck Jen
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/05 12:25 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Congratulations on your surgery!! I wish I could go with you to see the doctors, nurses, and Nathalie again! When I came back from surgery I was out for the rest of the night. I woke up once to go to the bathroom, but hardly remember that. If you have a cell phone, make sure you are able to use it internationally before you go down. I didn't do that and just assumed I could. I couldn't. Nathalie offered to call my family for me. Then after that, my family called me at least once a day in the hospital. My mom had excellent rates. 10 cents a minute to Mexico. I was also there alone.I bet you'll meet others there from the U.S. who will probably be able to call for you if you wanted. Best wishes, Kina 220/162/130
bonnied
on 12/6/05 9:33 am - St. Albans, VT
I had laprascopic RNY and was out of it for about 3 hours after I got back to my room. Then I was alert enough to have a normal conversation, and out of bed to the bathroom and walking soon after that. You should be able to call home that night. Good luck! Bonnie
LinZhi's Mum
on 12/11/05 2:20 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Natalie called my husband as soon as I was out of surgery. I was in recovery quite a while. I think they are more customary keeping longer than we do here in the states. My husband did most all the calling, cause my cell phone would not work, ( we checked ahead of time) and since he is british, we have great international rates. Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views