Lap Band With Dr. Joya

BeeHappe
on 12/4/05 10:47 pm - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
Hi Tara: I had RNY with Dr. Joya August 9th. Yes you need to put the 1000 deposity down. Usually Gerald uses this to buy your plane tickets. Also remember to have your 1000 for when you are there. And don't worry, Natalie will give it right back to you as soon as you are discharged from the hospital with no complications!! Make sure you keep your receipt that you get from the bank for your records incase something goes wrong, but don't worry, Gerald and Natalie handle everything!!! Please keep us posted on your progress!! And dito on Audreys comments!! Make sure you have a doc here in the states that will follow up with you!!! Jen
tarastarisme
on 12/5/05 5:13 am - Tomball, TX
Thank you so much for your help. I was just telling Audrey that I didnt know about the extra 1000 yet. Hopefully I will have no complications, hehe. ~Tara
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/05 12:21 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Nothing to worry about. Send down the $1000, then you'll have to get two cashier's checks for the rest of the surgery costs. I think they use the $1000 to secure your date and get your airline tickets and hotel reserved. They also want you to brink $1000 cash in case you need extra care during or after surgery. Mine went fine and I got my $1000 back at the airport before I left. Best wishes on your surgery. Kina 220/162/130
tarastarisme
on 12/5/05 5:16 am - Tomball, TX
Thank you so much for your help. I am so glad there are places like this to talk to other people who are having/have had these surgerys. Its great. ~Tara
bonnied
on 12/6/05 9:36 am - St. Albans, VT
I had to send a $500 deposit to my surgeon as well, so that he would book the surgery date for me. That's actually pretty good. Here in The US, most people will not get a surgery date until the hospital has received a letter from your insurance saying they will pay for the entire thing! I paid the balance when I got to Mexico, Good luck! Bonnie
Kelli ~.
on 12/8/05 4:50 pm - Atwater, CA
I am having my surgery done by Dr. Aceves, as Donna stated he only requires $500 and of course to pay up before 2wks of the surgery if you are paying by check, otherwise you can pay cash to him on the day before the surgery. As for an extra $1k, we don't have to do that...Dr. A is willing to work out payment plan if anything extra happens, which from all the patients he has done that has not happened thus far but if it did he is willing to work on that after the surgery. Anywho, Good Luck to ya!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views