Lap Band With Dr. Joya

tarastarisme
on 12/2/05 12:31 pm - Tomball, TX
Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I have been considering lap band surgery for almost 2 years now. I am trying to secure a surgery date with Dr. Joya on January 23rd. (thats when I will have the money) Gerald emailed me with info on how to give them a 1000 deposit into a Bank of America account or something like that. Is that normal? Did anyone else do that? I don't want to lose my 1000 dollars, ya know? Also, can anyone tell me their experiences with Dr. Joya? Thanks! ~Tara
tiemann
on 12/2/05 8:47 pm - MD
Tara, I'm not using the same Doctor as you. But it's not uncommon to send a deposit. I had to send a $ 500.00 deposit to Dr. Aceves. Basically that is holding your surgery date in place. I go on the 9th of December for my Lap-Band. Good luck with your upcoming surgery and Happy Holidays. Donna T
tarastarisme
on 12/3/05 8:24 am - Tomball, TX
Thanks for your response! I just wanted to make sure before I hand over some money. Good luck with your surgery, its only a few days away! Tara
lmsmith
on 12/3/05 6:55 am - Burnaby, Canada
That is his typical policy. It ensures that your date is booked. I had to do the same thing. I will be having RNY with Dr Joya on Dec. 16th. Day 2 of my liquid diet and counting. Leanne
tarastarisme
on 12/3/05 8:34 am - Tomball, TX
Hi Leanne- I'm glad to hear that is typical. I was only sort of concerned because I heard something about some other website/company/booking agent/whatever called belighter.com that supposedly some people went through and they couldnt get their money back or lost it or something. I didn't go through them but I just wanted to hear from someone else that they did/are doing the same thing as me, ya know? Good luck with your surgery coming up! When you are feeling better please post about your experience with Dr. Joya wow, you have to be on a liquid diet for a while... i'm sorry. It's worth it though! Tara
Cook_RN
on 12/4/05 9:43 am - Batesville, MS
Lap Band on 11/21/05 with
Hi Tara! Yes, that's just his policy. It ensures that your surgery is booked AND also pays for your airline ticket(s). I also sent mine to the Bank Of America in Encino,CA. I had my LapBand surgery 12 days ago and am doing great! Dr. Joya is wonderful! ~Angie Banded 11/21/05 200/188/120'ish
tarastarisme
on 12/5/05 5:10 am - Tomball, TX
I'm Glad to hear that you are doing good after your lapband! Keep me updated! ~Tara
Naturegoddess
on 12/4/05 10:28 pm - Victorville, CA
RNY on 08/08/05 with
That's his policy hon... as well as bringing $1000 extra to give to them in case something goes amis and you incur other charges. Out of the extra $1000 I had held for me for extra charges I got $300 back... the other $700 went for an emergency blood transfusion right after surgery. Two things you should know: 1. BRING A PILLOW! The ones there suck. 2. Make SURE you have follow up care already lined up in the states. Trust me on this one... I've heard a lot of 'Just go back to Mexico' when I need care. Good luck. *hugs* ~Audrey~
tarastarisme
on 12/5/05 5:09 am - Tomball, TX
Audrey~ I am going to put my deposit down next week. I didnt know about the extra $1000, they didnt tell me about that yet It wont be a problem though .. I am getting 10,000 to do the surgery.. so I will have an extra 1000 to bring with me. I am trying to find a doctor right now. I have heard of a Dr. Ferrari where I am that does it, So I am gonna call him. Do you think I need a General Doctor too? I don't really have one. I never really go to the doctor. The only doctor I have gone to regularly is my OB, and thats because I was pregnant, haha. Thanks for the help! Tara
Naturegoddess
on 12/5/05 8:26 am - Victorville, CA
RNY on 08/08/05 with
If you can get a surgeon to look after you that'd be great, but I'd get yourself a general doctor too. My general doctor is pretty overwhelmed with my case... but for now I'm just kind of hanging on to him. lol Be well! *hugs* ~Audrey~
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views