Help!!! are there any Dr. Ortiz patients out there??????

happy
on 12/1/05 11:44 am - Boise, ID
I have read through months of posts to find any comments on Dr. Ortiz....can't find any. There sure alot on Dr. Aceves. Where is he in Mex.? How much is lap-band with him? Does he use the inamed band? HELP!
Mamasgirl
on 12/1/05 3:13 pm - Napa, CA
Hi Jackie, My daughter is having surgery with Dr. Ortiz on December 9th (it was scheduled for the 1st, but we had to change the date) I did ALOT of research on Dr. Ortiz and the other doctors in Mexico before I made my decision. I also spoke with Don Mills at Inamed. He confirmed that Dr. Ortiz has proctored U.S. Surgeons and said that he is an excellent surgeon. I was also nervous at first because there didn't seem to be many reviews about Dr. Ortiz...but...they are out there. There are also other sites that you can go to. I never found a bad review about him. Everyone that has gone to him loves him. Just do your research, and in the end, you have to trust your instincts and go where you are comfortable. I wish you the best in your journey. Sue
lsanford
on 12/2/05 2:58 am - Houston, TX
I had surgery with Dr Ortiz in June and he was great. They take very good care of you from the minute you land in san Diego. After your surgery you will be given Dr Ortiz's and Dr Martinez's (his assistant) cell phone numbers so you can call them any time if you have any questions or concerns. I have called them both and they always answer the phone and take care of any concerns I have. I highly recommend Dr Ortiz. Good luck with your surgery and let me know if you have any other questions. Lisa
tiemann
on 12/2/05 4:24 am - MD
Jackie, Below is Dr. Aceves link to his website . I'm paying $ 8200.00 for my Lap-Band surgery. That includes everything but airfare. I have been researching now for 2 years. Everything I have heard and seen about Dr. Aceves has been absolutely wonderful. Also below is Tracy's website she also used Dr. Aceves check out her story. She is the reason I chose this doctor. Nina at Dr. Aceves office is very kind & helpful. I go for my surgery 12/9/05. I hope this helps you on your journey. Happy Holidays. Donna T http://www.mexicolapband.com/index1.php http://www.tracyslapband.com/index.htm
almost2tired2
on 12/8/05 6:45 am - Gainesville, FL
Dr Aceves is in Mexicali. He does use the Inamed band. He charges $8,200 (included pick-up and delivery through San Diego and 1 night in motel prior to surgery) and requires you stay in the hospital 2 nights (private room) after surgery. He has been running a special - paying 1/2 airfare up to $300. He also gives free fills for life (again, free transportation to and from San Diego, but no motel stay),with a $70 xray fee if floro is needed. His staff has toll free numbers and are available 24 hrs a day. His website gave the info for obesityhelp plus he also has a forum of his own that prospective patients are invited to join. I'm scheduled with him for Monday, 12/12. I hope this adds a little to all the other good information you've gotten. I've tried not to be repetitive. Dori Smilz
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views