RNY DEC 8th with Dr. Joya!!

Msilva01
on 11/30/05 10:00 am - Chattanooga, TN
This is happening so fast! Any advise on the first month's diet/vitamins would greatly be apprieciated! What do I need to bring? I am getting very nervous! Any advise would be Great!
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/05 3:28 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Congratulations on your date!! I remember how excited I was. Next week at this time, you'll be preparing for the ride of your life!! I had my surgery on Aug. 16 with Dr. Joya. I've had a wonderful experience. I loved Dr. Joya and all his staff. The nurses and hospital were great too. The hotel was fantastic and I just loved everything. For the first two weeks you'll be on clear liquids, the next two weeks is full liquids (if I remember correctly). Don't worry about vitamins so much right away. Your biggest concern is getting in plenty of water. You don't want to get dehydrated. I did, however, start taking multivitamins twice a day as soon as I got back home. I also take a sublingual B-12 daily and an iron supplement. You also need calcium citrate. If you can find a liquid or chewable, that's easiest. I intend to get some blood work done soon to see how I'm doing on my levels. That's the best thing. You don't need to bring that much. I took too much--it was hard to carry home (I was by myself). A few changes of clothes (lightweight), maybe a book or magazine (they have TV in English). You don't need shampoo or soap, they have it at the hospital and hotel. You don't need a robe. You don't need to take anything as far as food or drink either. Nathalie will take you shopping before you go to the hotel and you can get what you need there. Hope this helps Best wishes on your surgery Kina 220/163/130
vickig
on 12/1/05 6:32 am - CRAWFORD, GA
you'll be fine ! don't you just love the diet. make reality of restriction**** home!hope to see you there!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views