Dr. JOYA Recovery time???

Msilva01
on 11/27/05 1:11 pm - Chattanooga, TN
YEAH! I have my finaces squared away! Now my question is...How much recovery time is needed? For the $12,000, 4 nights in the hospital and 2 night in the hotel are included. They recommend staying a total of ten nights. What is the average recovery time? I know i don't want to leave with tubes hanging out of me. When did everyone get their tubes out? Oh yeah I'm having the RNY. Any input would be great! Thanks, Michaela
drhedg01
on 11/28/05 7:22 am - Louisville, KY
RNY on 08/15/05 with
I LOOOOOVED Dr. Joya. I'd stay 10 days if I were you. You don't get the drain tube out until your 8th day. I stayed 10 and was happy with that time. You can return to work after two weeks if you have a desk job. I'd suggest three weeks if you're active or a teacher (like me, yikes). Good luck!
BeeHappe
on 11/28/05 9:36 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
I am so happy for you!! I had my surgery on Tuesday August 9th and got my tube out a week later on Wednesday. And then I flew home on Friday the 19th. I went back to work on Tuesday the 23rd. But I work in an insurance office with a very understanding boss and sit a desk all day. So I had not stress. Just very tired the first 3 weeks. Like I got off work and came home and went to bed. Just depends on if you have complications or not. Just be prepared to stay a few more days and then if you can come home earlier, you can. Just prepare youself and give yourself enough time!!! I am so happy for you and you will love Dr. Joya and his staff!! Keep us posted!! Jen 275/203/150?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views