RNY costs

Rita W.
on 11/24/05 9:57 pm - Billings, MT
Can any of Dr. Aguirre's patients tell me how much total cost to expect--did you use the apartment and the car service? Have decided on going to Mexico for surgery and to have RNY, now seeking the best surgeon and value for my money. I should have enough saved up for surgery in February. As I understand it you don't need a passport if you drive across the border until January of 2007, but need one January of 2006 if you fly. Any info anyone can give me re Dr.Aguirre's and Dr.Joya's programs???
BeeHappe
on 11/24/05 11:04 pm - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
I had my surgery August 9th with Dr. Joya. They are wonderful. You can check out my profile. I have explained how everything went while I was there. My total out of pocket for the surgery, flight, hosp and hotel with Dr. Joya was 12000. I think I spent about 250 more with my shopping and room service. So it was pretty inexpensive. But I did not have any complications, so there were no other expenses. I hope this helps you and please check out my profile!!! Good luck on your decision and take care. Email me if you have other questions!! Jen 275/203/150?
Molly Mae
on 11/24/05 11:13 pm - WA
My surgery was $8500. It is now $9400, I think. Check prices for 2006. I stayed at the Posada el Rey. The apartments were full and it worked out great because we were right downtown and it was a nice diversion for my mom and I alike. It was around Christmas and the shopping was a delight. The hotel saved me a lot of money. It was around 50-something a night and meals were cheap and beautifully served and the finest restauants in town and they were all just down the stairs from my hotel. Hotel Coral is even better than the Posada el Rey but more costly. I did use Bambi. He is awesome. The only way to go. I would have been lost with out him. Tell us more about you! I am so happy for you! The total cost of my trip incuding everything but shopping was about $10K. It will be more for you but there are still things you can do to keep the cost down and still have a great trip! hugs, Molly 252/160/152
lmsmith
on 11/24/05 11:58 pm - Burnaby, Canada
The passport requirement has changed. Here is the new timetable from the US passport website: December 31, 2006 - Passport or other accepted document required for all air and sea travel to or from Mexico and Canada. December 31, 2007 - Passport or other accepted document required for all air, sea and land border crossings.
klnbaker
on 11/25/05 1:00 am - Gresham, OR
I stayed in the apartments. I enjoyed having computer access and the nice large bathroom. The beds were uncomfortable though. But, I hear that can be a problem in the hotels, too. I also enjoyed having other patients next door to talk with and compare "war stories". Kathleen
gogeko
on 11/26/05 5:22 am - Palmer, AK
I HAD SURGERY MAY 31ST OF THIS YEAR. FOR DR. AGUIRRE AND HIS MEDICAL STAFF IT WAS 7400.00 FOR HOSPITAL FEE IT WAS 2000.00 FOR 9 DAYS IN THE APPARTMENT IT WAS 974.00 AND FOR ROUND TRIP TRANSPORTATION FROM SAN DIEGO AND ENSENADA IT WAS 350.00. ( WE USED BAMBI ) THE TOTAL COST WAS 10724.00 WE BOUGHT 200.00 DALLORS OF FOOD AT ALBERTSONS IN SAN DIEGO. BUT WE DIDNT EVEN COME CLOSE TO USING THAT MUCH. OF COURSE MY HUSBAND ATE OUT AT SOME OF THE RESTURAUNTS. I DIDNT EAT FOR LIKE 3 DAYS AFTER SURGERY. AND THAN WHEN I WAS ABLE TO EAT IT WAS SMALL THINGS LIKE 1/4 OF A BANANA WITH 3 TABLESPOONS OF PUDDING OR JELLO. OR SOUP BROTH WITH TOASTADA BREAD. BRING SOME EXTRA CASH FOR SOUVENIR SHOPPING. AND GOING TO THE BLOW HOLE WAS 75.00. I REALLY ENJOYED MY TIME THERE. I WENT FOR DAILY WALKS AROUND TOWN. AND JUST RELAXED AND BREATHED IN A LOT OF FRESH AIR. I DONT REGRET A THING. OH EXCEPT THAT WHEN BAMBI OFFERED TO STOP AND LET US WALK ON THE BEACH I TURNED IT DOWN BECAUSE I WAS SO TIRED. I NOW WISH THAT I HAD. I AM NOW DOWN 95 POUNDS AND NEED TO LOSE ANOTHER 50-60 POUNDS TO REACH MY FINAL GOAL. I HOPE THIS HELPS. CINDY
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views