After day 7.....

NkyBelle76
on 11/14/05 2:09 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
So I'm getting really anxious and excited and of course I'm having a thousand thoughts running through my mind as my date is getting closer! So after day seven and you were still in Mexico, what did you guys feel like doing? Did you still stay in your room and you were wiped out or did you go lay out by the pool or shop? I'm just not sure what to expect. My sister is coming with me and she was asking what people did and I honestly didn't know.....so what did some of you do?
BeeHappe
on 11/14/05 2:12 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
I had my surgery on Tuesday August 9th and was out of the hospital Sunday August 14th and was shopping Monday August 15th. I pretty much shopped all week. I went and laid on the beach one day, but it was so humid and hot there and had this bag hanging on me, I didn't feel very comfortable there. Also, I felt out of place, because of my size. So I went to the interent cafe every morning and talked to people on here and my family and then took a taxi and went shopping. Then in the evening I pretty much stayed in my room and rested. Take an extra suitcase for the stuff you buy!!!! Jen 275/205/150?
(deactivated member)
on 11/14/05 6:10 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Holy Crap!! You look great! Your new picture is really showing your weight loss! Good job! Kina 220/169/130
tamara_b73
on 11/14/05 2:21 am - wisconsin dells, wi
We were there in February. It wasn't cold, but it wasn't hot either. We walked a lot and shopped and walked down by the water. We did plan a day trip with Bambi to see the water spout thing that is somewhat nearby, but it rained that day so we cancelled it. I don't know what is going on in November. You might want to ask Rosella if there is anything special going on. You will need to walk as much as possible to get things moving and just to reduce the pain. Good luck to you, Tamara 321/193/150?
Molly Mae
on 11/14/05 2:39 am - WA
Hi Melissa! I had a very good time after surgery. My mom was with me and she is a little crazy...in a really good way. She is a very adventurous gal. Anyway, this is what I did: Dec. 16-surgery day..out of it all day Dec. 17-stayed in hospital, showered, felt a lot better Dec. 18-left hospital, walked around downtown, sat and chewed a straw listening to a mariachi band and shopped a little, hotel, tv, sleeping, sitting on veranda at my downtown hotel Dec 19-drank all day (water that is) tv, shopped, people watched from my hotel Dec 20-first meal of runny cream of wheat with splenda, crystal light, walked around A LOT! Went on a shopping spree for sterling and turquoise, vanilla beans, vanilla and chocolate Dec 21-walking around more, ordered a bowl of steaming water for my lipton soup mix while mom enjoyed a first class cheap meal at a gorgeous restaurant, protein shake that night. WENT ON A BUS RIDE FROM HELL DOWN UNPAVED POTHOLED STREETS. Would not reccomend the last adventure to my worse enemy! Dec 22-chilled out recovering from the day before! Dec 23-home sweet home for a very merry Christmas I removed my own staples and drain at home! It was not too bad at all. I did not want to miss being with my 1 and 2 year old any longer! hugs, Molly 252/160/152
(deactivated member)
on 11/14/05 6:07 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
I had surgery on Aug 16 and went to the hotel on Aug 20th. After I got to the hotel I did some walking around, sat in the pool (up to lower waist--the doc kind of frowns on this), took a taxi to shop, etc. Had to kind of take it slow and easy. It was so hot and humid, maybe when you go it won't be so hot. Seems like the more you get out walking around, the better you'll feel. And the time to come home goes faster. Best wishes for your upcoming surgery. Kina 220/169/130
Naturegoddess
on 11/14/05 11:09 am - Victorville, CA
RNY on 08/08/05 with
Most people did a lot better than I did... I pretty much stayed in the room the whole time. My honey spent time on the beach, in the pool and just taking walks and seeing things. It's a very pretty hotel with a lot of different things you can do, so if you are feeling well you shouldn't be bored. *hugs* ~Audrey~
klnbaker
on 11/16/05 4:21 am - Gresham, OR
On day 4 or 5 I was walking into Ensenada to shop. Funny how I found the strength to do that. I didn't want my husband to worry so I pretended to be super woman (the key word was "pretended")! Actually, I'm glad I got up and got moving, it made the trip back home much easier. After a few days in Ensenada I did get bored, especially when the English-speaking stations on the TV were out. Ideos mio! I just wanted to be home with my husband, kids and dogs in my comfortable bed. There's no place like home, especially when you are recovering from surgery! Kathleen
NkyBelle76
on 11/16/05 5:00 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
I wondered that about TV! Nothing like watching soaps in spanish...lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views