Gatric Bypass in Argentina?

Jay H.
on 11/9/05 3:27 am - Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
New to the group. I am from Canada and am considering going south for the Lap RNY due to the 3-4 year waiting lists in Canada. Has anyone had there Lap RNY with Dr. Eduardo Babor in Buenos Airies, Argentina @ the Plenitas Medical Institute? Or know of someone that may be willing to share there experiences with me? I am considering going in March 06! Thanks Jay [email protected]
bonnied
on 11/9/05 10:41 pm - St. Albans, VT
I cannot help you with Dr. Babor, but I did have a fabulous Lap RNY experience with Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey, Mexico. Check him out as well, I am one of many satisfied patients you can contact here on obesityhelp.com Good luck in your search! Bonnie
Jay H.
on 11/10/05 5:05 pm - Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Thanks Bonnie, I appreciate the info. The price to have the procedure in Argentina vs. Mexico is about $4000 US less. Believe me when I say that I know this is not a car I am buying, this is a surgery, and not the "bargain of the century" contest. I have spoke with alot of patients who have had the Lap Band done there and a few who have had the Lap RNY and all have come back with minor to zero complications whatsoever. Realizing this depends alot on the patients will to follow the "Life after Surgery instructions". I am actually very surprised not to find anyone who has been there or information regarding the Plenitas Medical Institute on OH. If anyone wants to check it out its www.Plenitas.com. I have pretty much made up my mind to have the surgery done there as the people whom I've spoken to have only good things to say about the care, facilities, and post op care they have recieved and the price is definitely right and they explain the reason for the low price on the Website. Just to let everyone know I have been researching the surgery for over 1.5 years since my mom had an open RNY and I have been researching this facility and its Dr.s' credentials since July so I feel I am informed enough and ready to put the $$$$$ down BABY. I will probably have the operation in March 06. Jay
Naturegoddess
on 11/11/05 2:50 am - Victorville, CA
RNY on 08/08/05 with
Let me know how it goes down there... I'd be interested to know!! *hugs* ~Audrey~
lmsmith
on 11/12/05 1:20 am - Burnaby, Canada
Have you looked into Mexico at all? Dr Joya does the lap band for 8000.00 whi*****ludes everything. Pretty good deal and a ton of people have had it done by him. If you want any info, let me know. Leanne
lmsmith
on 11/12/05 1:22 am - Burnaby, Canada
Woops, forgot to mention, I am from Canada as well, and that is why I am going to Mexico. My surgery is being paid for my MSP as well. My brothers was too. Leanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views