Got my follow up secured!!

LinZhi's Mum
on 11/8/05 7:17 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Well, first of all, I meant to tell you Lorraine, how good your doing! You look awsome. We went ahead and signed up locally for adoption process too. Esp since I need to have this surgery, the international costs will be much harder to secure. I have a internet friend (single) who is going for her 2nd adoption in china, she lives in Canada, and seems that your country has some awsome "materinty family leave" time for her. Well today, I made intial contact with a PCP to do my follow up. His wife is 7 yrs post op with RNY and he is very knowledgeable and non judgemental with the "mexico trip" In fact spent lots of time with his wife, and she would like me to make all copies of info to take to the office, to help some pts that surgery has been unaffordable and unreachable. I am thrilled and relieved. I will have to change PCP providers, but thats okay. I love my doctor, but she is not too hip on me having surgery. This new doctor has many contacts in Dallas, and will be able to make sure I will be taken care of in emergancy cases. Much relief noted. On to other stuff to get ready!!! have a great day! Sandy
vickig
on 11/8/05 9:51 am - CRAWFORD, GA
i'm so happy for you! i know you must be releaved.best of luck in the future!
bonnied
on 11/8/05 10:49 am - St. Albans, VT
That's so great! I'm glad you have all your ducks in a row. Now you can focus on taking care of yourself and recovering! Good luck!
BeeHappe
on 11/8/05 10:40 pm - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
Sandy: I am so glad that you got a doc here to follow up. That is so important and I am glad that they are taking you on!! That is a great relief!! Now just focus and getting yourself ready for the life changing event and good luck!!! Jen
tamara_b73
on 11/9/05 11:23 pm - wisconsin dells, wi
Congratulations on finding a good follow up doc. I know I too had to switch PCP's and it was kinda scary, but I am very happy with my choice. It will be wonderful for you to have such good knowledgable support available to you, Tamara 321/196/150?
LinZhi's Mum
on 11/10/05 2:55 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Thanks Tamara!! I was relieved and being a nurse, I have to listen to some of the doctors opinions and riff raff that goes with it!!! Lucky me!! I am so blessed to have this board and OBH to help me along the way. I am amazed at people I know that have come across my path, here at home, that have no support and virtually no real knowledge. I am like......so why did you have WLS, how could you go in blindly?? Anyways, your progress is great, the pics are fab!!! Cheers, Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views