Surgery date scheduled!

NkyBelle76
on 11/1/05 7:58 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
Can I get a whoop-whoop I have my surgery date scheduled for November 29th with Dr. Joya. I'm so excited. Got all my finaces in a row and couldn't be more excited! Did I mention I'm excited??? So now I'm on the mission of finding a protien shake that I will like. Did anyone try the Revival that their office recommended? I heard soy and it made me think ick, but I could be wrong. So anyone else that will be there when I am, let me know!
BeeHappe
on 11/1/05 8:37 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
I am so excited for you!! You will love them. I tried several different protein shakes and hated them all!!! So just get my protein in anywhere else that I can get it. I know that Dr. Joya will take great care of you!! Good luck!!! Jen 275/209/150?
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/05 11:42 pm
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Melissa, Congratulations on your date and upcoming surgery. I hope you love Dr. Joya and his staff (and Puerto Vallarta) as much as I did. Best wishes for your surgery and recovery. As far as protein, try Unjury or some other unflavored protein and mix it with No Sugar Added Carnation Instant Breakfast. This is the only thing I can tolerate so far. I have to use soy milk though because I can't tolerate regular milk right now. But there's extra protein in the soy milk, so that's a bonus. When you can start eating foods, you can get most of your protein in that way. Believe me, if you're like me, shakes get real old, real fast! I get my protein in with beef, pork, chicken, tuna, cheese, eggs, etc. I might have one shake per week. Take care, Kina 220/174/130
Kcastro
on 11/3/05 6:07 am - San Leandro, CA
Congratulations!!!! Just be careful though sweetie. You might want to read the post I just put up. It's the second time I hear about Dr. Joya and his group not wanting to use the Inamed Lap band which is FDA approved in the u.s. They tell you they will use the Lapband over the phone but when you pay and get to Mexico they give you a different story and place another band....just beware.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views