Has Dr. Rumbaut removed your lapband?

terim
on 10/31/05 12:30 pm, edited 8/25/09 2:17 pm - Prattville, AL
Hi! Dr. Rumbaut put my lapband on.  However, the lapband has not done well with me. I am having so much trouble eating anything healthy. Plus I have terrible sinuses and allergies - I am constantly nauseated and throwing up.

I want to talk to some people that had Dr. R remove their bands. I have a few questions. If you (or anyone you know) had this done by Dr. R, please email me!

I would greatly appreciate it!
kimberly
on 11/1/05 12:30 pm - LIBUSE, LA
Dr. Rumbaut removed my husbands band on January 27th. He then perfomed lap rny. Everything was successful and there were no complications. It did take about 6 hours with all the scar tissue. Dr. Rumbaut did not originally but on the lap band. However, we love him and highly recommend him. So much so that, I have lap rny scheduled for November 16, 2005. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to email me. Kim
bonnied
on 11/3/05 11:02 pm - St. Albans, VT
When I was there in June, I met 4 other people who were there to get their bands removed by Dr. R. One for erosion and the other 3 because they had not lost enough weight. They were all there for RNY. I'm glad I stuck to my guns and went with the RNY from the get go. Dr. Rumbaut initially tried to get me to "try" the band but I told him no way, I didn't have the money for 2 surgeries and wanted RNY. It's funny his literature says that if you are a real sweet eater, the RNY is best. I'm a diabetic with a huge sweet tooth, yet he first mentioned lap band. I never did ask him his reasoning... ANyway, he's a great doc and I wish you the best of luck!
terim
on 11/17/05 11:29 am, edited 8/25/09 2:15 pm - Prattville, AL
Thanks!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?