Where do we get our card?

intellectualditz
on 10/18/05 4:32 am - OKC, OK
It suddenly occurs to me, that some folks who've had their surgury done in the US are given a card verifying they've had the surgury and it is a medical condition. So when they go out to eat, they can order off the children's menu or just be charged a children's price. Does anyone know where we're suppose to get those cards? Evie (280/238/145)
vickig
on 10/18/05 4:53 am - CRAWFORD, GA
the obesity help store sells them! vg
BeeHappe
on 10/18/05 6:48 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
I got mine from my doc here in the states and sometimes, the support groups have them, if you are going to one. Good luck using them though. Most places here where I live don't honor them. Jen 275/212/150?
Molly Mae
on 10/18/05 7:46 am - WA
Hi Evie! I am so glad you came here to post this...where you are among South of the Border Friends! You can really get railed on for asking about a restaurant card on the main message board. Anyway, I just order smaller portions when I can, take home leftovers, order an appetizer, share, order off the senior menus (yeah, I'm 29 hehe). Just last weekend my husband and I were at Outback Steakhouse. He ordered the huge prime rib dinner and I ordered the grilled scallops for $7.99. You could also add on 5 grilled shrimp for $6.99. It works out perfect. That's all I need anyway! Another thing handy is if the place has an al a cart menu. That's when you can just order a side of certian things or just one enchilada or just a single scrambled egg or whatever the case may be. I DO NOT go into a tell-all about my surgery! If the waitstaff is concerned about me not finishing my food I just pat my tummy and say I do not have a very big appetiete today with a smile. good luck! hugs, Molly 252/161/152
vickig
on 10/25/05 7:56 am - CRAWFORD, GA
you're so funny! the tell all... i never thought of ala cart thanks!
vickig
on 10/25/05 7:53 am - CRAWFORD, GA
did you get your card. how are you. never heard back! hope your o.k. vg
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?