Can't find a post op doctor in Florida

Bossladie
on 10/17/05 3:27 am - Riverview, Fl
Hello to all, I'm new this forum, someone from obesityhelp sent me the link. I was just in Puerta Vallarta Mexico on 10/10/05 & had surgery with Dr. Joya, and I am finding it hard to get someone to check my progress & do my fills. I thought I was getting the Inamed band & when I got there Nathalie informed me that several previous patients could not use the Inamed band that it was to tight & had to come back to have it removed. I had already paid for the surgery so what could I do? I told her only if he couldn't get the Inamed on I would use the Swedish band. Well I prayed that I would get the Inamed and after surgery I saw Dr.Joya & asked which one he had used he said the Swedish. I am in trouble now, no one will accept me I have calls out to numerous doctors waiting for their responce hopefully one of them will call me back. I know I can always go back to Mexico & get them for free, just the cost of a round trip ticket Nathalie said that it would cost me just as much for a US doctor to see me as the plane ticket. If anyone has any ideas or info please respond or e-mail me with info. my e-mail address is- [email protected] Thanks for the help in advance, Mary
vickig
on 10/18/05 5:01 am - CRAWFORD, GA
check out sadie louise's response to ; might be to much... it's posted a few days ago on this forum! let me know if you need help! vg
vickig
on 10/18/05 5:09 am - CRAWFORD, GA
ok thats been informed might be to much10/5/05 evelyn k it's highlighted! best of luck! vg
Tracy
on 10/21/05 3:02 am - Arlington, TX
I have never heard of a surgeon not putting on an inamed band because it was too tight, so that is new to me. There are three sizes of inamed bands, 9.75, 10, and 11 cm. I have also heard that some doctors could not get inamed bands for one reason or another so started using the swedish band. Someone posted a link in another thread which was pretty informative. You put your zip code in the box and then hit search and it will bring up the surgeons in your area. Look for "Foll" after there name which means they do follow up care for other surgeons. The link directly is http://www.asbs.org/html/about/membersearch.html
Gerald W.
on 10/25/05 1:38 am - Encino, CA
US BARIATRICS FL MIAMI, ORLANDO, FT. LAUDERDALE 800.572.7546
Kcastro
on 11/3/05 2:48 am - San Leandro, CA
That's horrible......I used the Lap-Band because it's FDA approved in the U.S. I heard that alot of doctors don't want to use Inamed because it is VERY VERY expensive compared to the other bands.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views