PLEASE HELP--I'M AM SICK TO MY STOMACH!!

sandra P.
on 10/16/05 10:39 am - DISPUTANTA, VA
Hi everyone. I just got back today from haveing my rny with Dr. Aguirre. Everything went great except for I am sick to my stomach ALL day. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestion on what I can take medicine wise or what to do. Please help. I have to go back to work tomorrow and I don't know how I am going to handle this. Thanks!
gogeko
on 10/16/05 12:46 pm - Palmer, AK
WHOA SANDRA, YOU MIGHT WANT TO RECONCIDER GOING TO WORK SO SOON. YOU HAD A MAJOR SURGERY. YOU NEED TIME TO LET YOUR SELF HEAL. EVEN THO YOU MAY THINK YOU HAVE THE ENERGY TO WORK YOU MAY BE UNPLEASANTLY SURPRISED TO FIND OUT YOU DONT. SINCE YOU SAY YOU JUST GOT BACK TODAY FROM SURGERY IM GUESSING THAT YOUR SURGERY WAS LESS THAN 10 DAYS AGO. I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF WORK YOU DO BUT EVEN SOMEONE WITH A DESK JOB CAN FIND IT EXHAUSTING AFTER A MAJOR SURGERY. IM REALLY SCARED FOR YOU. I HOPE I DONT SOUND LIKE IM JUMPING YOUR CASE. ITS THAT IM SERIOUSLY WORRIED FOR YOU. IM TRYING TO REMEMBER HOW MUCH TIME DR. AGUIRRE SUGEST YOU WAIT BEFORE RETURNING TO WORK. I WAITED 3 WEEKS. AND WHEN I DID RETURN I WAS ONLY WORKING 5 TO 6 HOURS A DAY UNTILL I FELT I COULD HANDLE A FULL 8 HOUR SHIFT. THERE WERE A FEW TIMES WHEN I FELT I WAS OVER DOING IT AND ASKED TO GO HOME EARLY. I HAVE SOME REALLY GOOD BOSSES TO WORK WITH MY NEEDS IN THAT WAY. I ALSO HAVE A PHYSICAL JOB. SO REALLY HAD TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I WAS DOING AS WELL, IN ORDER TO NOT OVER DO IT. IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. DO NOT PUT YOUR JOB ABOVE YOUR NEEDS. I AM NOT A DR. SO PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE FALLOWING AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I FELT AFTER SURGERY. FOR AT LEAST A MONTH I WOULD EXPERIENCE NAUSEA SEVERAL TIMES A DAY. ESPECIALLY AFTER EATING OR DRINKING ANYTHING. SOMETIMES I WOULD HAVE TO GO LIE DOWN FOR ABOUT A HALF HOUR AND WAIT FOR IT TO PASS. THE FIRST FEW WEEKS I WOULD FEEL NAUSEA OUT OF THE BLUE. NO APPARENT REASON. I NEVER THREW UP THO. IT WAS JUST A CONSTANT NAUSIATING FEELING. EVENTUALLY THIS WENT AWAY. NOW I HARDLY EVER EXPERIENCE IT. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND THAT YOU TALK WITH ROSELLA AND DR. AGUIRRE. AND ALSO YOUR OWN PCP. TO FIND OUT IF THIS IS NORMAL OR IF THEY NEED TO FIND OUT IF THERE IS A PROBLEM NEEDING MEDICAL ATTENTION. KEEP US POSTED. I REALLY HOPE YOU ARE GOING TO BE OK. CINDY
Amanda
on 10/16/05 11:11 pm - Kearney, NE
I'm sorry you are having a hard time! I remember when I was just post op I had a real problem with crystal light and milk. My stomach was upset all of the time. I started mixing my protein drinks with water and only drank water for about a week and then went back to the other things and didn't have a problem. It is funny what your body will and won't tolerate now. You just have to take some things away and if it helps then you will know what you can and can't eat for a while. Good luck! I really think it will pass but do keep a close eye on it and let Dr. A know what is going on!!! A
vickig
on 10/17/05 10:47 am - CRAWFORD, GA
it has been mentioned that warm herbal tea really helps w/ upset stomach and vomitting. hope you get some speedy relief! best of luck to you! vg
2006 Chicago, IL R.
on 10/17/05 4:04 pm - Chicago, IL
I had the same problem. Dr. A told me to drink plain tea. I used instant tea, and it really helped. Good luck. Vicky P.
Cheri Moran
on 10/20/05 11:14 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Sandra! I just wanted to check with you and see if you are feeling better. I hope you were able to find something that gave you relief. I can't offer any suggestions because I didn't have anything like that happen to me. I just wanted to check with you and let you know I was concerned. Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views