How do you weigh yourself?

bridgetok
on 10/6/05 5:43 pm - Sanford, NC
We have a balance health-o-meter scale but it only weighs up to 350 lbs. My OB office had additional weights to add to thier scales, so they can weigh up to 450 lbs. I have tried to find these extra weights, for sale, everywhere and I can't find them! Does anyone have any ideas how I can weigh myself?
DW
on 10/7/05 12:18 am - Galveston, TX
I asked the same question at a OH conference, use two scales, it will be off a little but the weight loss will be accurate. Dot
bridgetok
on 10/7/05 3:30 am - Sanford, NC
That's an excellent idea. I feel like a goob for not thinking of that myself. Thank you!
Ferchie
on 10/7/05 7:03 am - Twin Falls, ID
I heard through the grapvine that LA Weightloss Centers had scales that weighed up to 1000 lbs so I called our local one to find out if this was true and guess what???? It was and guess what else - they will allow me to use it and I don't even have to buy anything. The lady there was so nice to me it was great. So you might check your local weight loss centers to see if they have a scale you can use. Take care - Jeremy a big ol' girl
bridgetok
on 10/7/05 7:13 am - Sanford, NC
I thought about calling weight loss centers, but I don't think I'm brave enough to go into one just to use the scale. I went to a bariatric hospital (here where I live) for a seminar and they had a big wall scale thing. But I can't really go back and ask to use that one if I'm getting my surgery elsewhere, right? LOL
Bellina925
on 10/8/05 12:11 am - Margate, FL
Hey did you ever try to go to Publix & get on there scales. Im not sure how high they go & I use it every week but maybe if your above there max weight it will go around & top where your at. Its worth a try. Good luck!!!
bridgetok
on 10/8/05 12:27 pm - Sanford, NC
I've thought about using the Publix scale. The Publix closest to me is the one on Coconut Creek parkway and it's a very busy store. The scale is in the small lobby and I'm always too shy to stop and step on it. Maybe I need to go early one morning when it's not so busy and I can get some privacy.
Bellina925
on 10/8/05 11:56 pm - Margate, FL
You must live really close Im closest to Coconut Creek Publix & the one on Atlantic Blvd. You shouldent really care what others think. I know its hard but you to will soon have something to be very proud of.Besides they open at what 6 or 7 am Your right it wont be busy then or late at nite but its always better to get on the scale first thing in the morning.
bridgetok
on 10/9/05 4:33 am - Sanford, NC
I know I shouldn't worry what others think, but I guess I do. I also always have my 2 kiddos with me (2 and 4) and they are loud and attention drawing so I just walk by the scale. I promise myself I will stop and weigh myself next time. I'm very close to Margate. My husband (who is also having the surgery with Dr Rumbaut in Mexico) works at the Papa Johns on Atlantic in Margate. We live on Lyons just south of Atlantic.
Lorraine Wentz
on 10/9/05 4:35 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I went to my local hospital and asked to use one of their higher compacity scales and they were very obliging! And there was no embarrasment because I was at a hopital, not a weightloss center or whatnot...... I wish you and your husband all the best! Cheers! Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views