pre op diet

LinZhi's Mum
on 10/4/05 10:42 pm - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Kina and other Dr. Joya's RNY pts: I have only briefly visited with gerald on the 2 week pre op diet. He has sent a link to soy based protien shake. Did ya'll specially use this product, or did you modify and go clear liquid only with your own brand of protien shakes? I was just wondering maybe what exactly is the best route and does he require or prefer this? Thanks, Sandy Brown
(deactivated member)
on 10/5/05 1:22 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Sandy, I just did all clear liquids with a nonfat yogurt once a day. I couldn't really stomach the protein shakes. What I did seemed to work. I think whey protein (walmart) is just as good. Whey and soy are probably the same thing, or very near it. I'm no nutritionist...LOL Gerald didn't make mention of a specific shake to me. They just started this "diet" about the time I got my surgery. Looking back, I think you better do at least one protein shake per day with this diet. Protein makes you stronger and helps you heal faster. I know two weeks of mainly clear liquids sounds rough, but do it. It's in your best interest. Shrinking the liver makes the surgeons job much easier. Good luck Kina 220/184/130
LinZhi's Mum
on 10/5/05 1:44 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Kina, thanks! I most assurely would do the diet without a doubt. I just was not sure if I had to buy that specific "brand" he sent link to me, or just any brand. I have bought some unjury unflavored, cause your right, there are many hard to stomach!!!! I have got plenty of time, I will let Gerald have rest off week off, maybe he is gone for 2....(on holiday) and then will discuss whats "exactly" allowed on diet...hehehe! I did remember the yogurt was mentioned in some posts. Oh man, I might have to be wayyyyy hungry to stomach yogurt....LOL Thanks Kina! Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views