Dilema over fills!!!

Idaho Bandito
on 10/1/05 2:56 am
OK, I had pretty much decided to go south for my surgery since that is really my only financial option, then came the realization of what to do about getting fills. Let's face it, there are very few US doctors that will consider doing fills for those of us that go south, and I cannot find even one in Idaho! Some bandsters say it takes 3-5 fills before they even feel restriction which would mean flying back and forth to Mexico numerous times. That would get pretty expensive and most bandsters would not be able to get the fills they need and the surgery would be pretty much worthless. What experiences have most of you had on this subject. I am pulling my hair out, because finally I have the funds to go and do this and now I am thinking it is not such a good idea. I would really appreciate if you would share your experiences. Thanks much!!!! BB in Boise
GerrAnn
on 10/1/05 4:00 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Brigitte, I have a question for you?? How much does it cost to get banded in Boise? The reason I asked is on the welcome page of obesity they are advertising banding in San Antoino, Texas at the wish center for $10,950. If that is a lot cheaper than Boise it might pay for you to stay in the states and get it done. I can't believe that someone there wouldn't take care of you after that.. I mean what if you moved from one state to another?? Would someone from another state refuse to give you fills?? Shoot for that madder you could say you just moved there!!! I will be moving back to the Boise area soon.. I hope that I can find a local doctor to see me if needed.. Good Luck. Your problem seems to be a normal one for bansters.. GerrAnn
Bellina925
on 10/1/05 4:36 am - Margate, FL
Brigitte I have a doctor that can do my fills at home. I was banded in Mexico also. When you think about it self-pay mexican patients have to pay our fill done by US doctors. In my case its 300.00 for a fill in Florida & 298.00 to fly back to Monterrey. Besides the doctors in Mexico fill so much more than US doctors. So in the long run it may cost the same but with less fills needed. Besides a doctor from Mexico should be able to refer you to a US doctor. Hope this helps!!!!
china R.
on 10/1/05 4:38 am - somewhere in, FL
i won my surgery and drove to monterrey and had it done i live in florida. i have found 3-4 drs who will take you. the one im going to be going to only charges 100 a fill the one i went to i had to pay 995.00 to join the program and fills were 150 but the 995 included my first 2 fills of .5 cc and .25 cc the other dr in dalton ga he wants 700 a fill and this was a yr ago. so you may consider flying to florida rather than out of the country.
vickig
on 10/1/05 12:57 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
this is probably not the answer you wanted.after looking at all fill options, my husband and i decided i should just go ahead and have lap rny going to dr.joya on dec 15th.best of luck with your decision! hand in there. vicki g
Molly Mae
on 10/2/05 12:38 am - WA
Hi Bridget! Thanks for the email! I will email you back but just wanted to say hello and have you considered calling Dr. Pennings in Couer 'd Alene? He is a great surgeon and does lapband too. When you call to inquire...what do you say? Please just tell them you are having your surgery done out of the area and are pricing local after care. This will take away from the shock value of the whole Mexico saga. Sure, you will tell him when you get to your appt but don't advertise the fact when you call on the phone. Dr. Pennings does a lot of work with patients he did not operate on. Molly 252/168/152
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views