Getting ready to go!!

Ferchie
on 9/26/05 8:07 am - Twin Falls, ID
Hey everyone, I was checking my calendar a bit ago and realized that I am leaving for Ensenada in 25 days WOW! I am needing a list of suggested items to take with me down there, both personal and food wise. My partner and my gramma are going with me so I also was wondering about places to eat and things to do there for them. Should they pack food as though we are camping and there will be no place to by anything or like we are going on vacation and and just take essentials like travel and snack food?? They are driving me nuts with this question, they said "go ask the experts at OH" so here I am experts - enlighten me...
Naturegoddess
on 9/26/05 10:41 pm - Victorville, CA
RNY on 08/08/05 with
I didn't go to Ensenada... but I found the one thing I missed in Mexico was my pillow!! You ought to email your doctor these questions... he'll be able to tell you what kind of things are available around where you'll be. I'm pretty sure there will be places to eat though... my fiance and I never even thought of bringing food, but there was a Pizza Hut across from the hospital so he stayed well fed. Good luck! ~Audrey~
Lorraine Wentz
on 9/27/05 2:37 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Here are a few places to eat that are really good: Las Brasas - specialty: slow roasted chicken and really great wine Nuevo Pekin - I think that's the name.... ask Rosella, it's near cardiomed - specialty: chinese (yeah I know, go to Mexico for chinese? But my husband said they have the best fried rice he's ever had before There's always dominos that you can get delivered. And even their pizza is better than up here. The two things that my husband noticed and was very impressed with, was the food and the hospitality of everyone. They are all so nice down there! Cheers! Lorraine
gogeko
on 9/27/05 3:05 am - Palmer, AK
HI JER I WOULDNT PACK TOO MUCH IN THE WAY OF FOOD. WHEN BAMBI PICKS YOU UP AT THE AIRPORT HE OFERS TO STOP AT ALBERTSONS IN CASE YOU WANT TO PICK ANY THING UP. ONE THING I WAS GLAD WE PICKED UP WAS BOTTLES OF WATER. EVEN THO THE APPARTMENTS HAVE BOTTLED WATER ITS IN THOSE HUGE JUGS THAT DONT FIT IN THE FRIG. AND I REALLY ENJOYED COLD WATER. I TOOK A BOTTLE OF COLD WATER ON EVERY WALK I WENT ON. I ASSUME YOU ARE STAYING IN ONE OF THE APPARTMENTS. SORRY IF IM WRONG. THERE IS PLENTY TO WALK AROUND AND SEE WEATHER YOU STAY IN THE APPARTMENT OR IN A MOTEL. AND LOTS OF RESTURAUNTS, MEXICAN, CHINESE AND AMERICAN. THEY HAVE DOMINOS, AND MCDONALDS. AND SOME OTHERS TOO. I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THE CLEANLINESS WHEN WE STOPED AT MCDONALDS FOR ONE OF MY BREAKS. IT WAS CLEANER THAN ANY I HAVE BEEN TO IN THE US. ACCUALLY ALL THE PLACES WE ATE AT THE SERVICE WAS GREAT. AND THE ATMOSPHERE WAS GREAT. DEFINATLY BRING YOUR PILLOW. I NEVER GO ANY WHERE OVER NIGHT WITH OUT MY PILLOW. IM SURE YOU ARE GETTING SO EXCITED. AND ITS AT THIS TIME WHEN YOUR EMOTIONS WILL BEGIN RUNNING WILD. SOMETHING YOU HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF AND THINKING OF PROBABLY 24/7 IS SHORTLY TO BE HERE. SHORTLY TO BE A REALITY. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. I HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR YOU. AND MAY YOUR FAMILY BE UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORTIVE OF ALL YOUR GOING THRU. CINDY
klnbaker
on 9/27/05 7:05 am - Gresham, OR
Hi Jeremy! I stayed in Dr. Aguirre's apartments in Ensenda. I thought the beds were really uncomfortable and I wished I had brought an egg crate mattress pad. I also couldn't live without my Chapstick since we are unable to drink water for a few days. Ensenada is a tourist town. It's one of the stops for the cruise ships. I would tell your Grandma and your partner to pretend they are on vacation and enjoy themselves while they are down there! I was there in November and the weather was great! I should have packed more summer clothes! Best wishes to you! Kathleen
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views