US vs Mexico

Idaho Bandito
on 9/25/05 2:04 am
Hello, I am new here! I will have to self pay for lap band surgery because my insurance company (Blue Cross of Idaho) has a policy exclusion. . . .of course!!! I am seriously considering going South of the Border for the surgery because I cannot afford the prices here in the US. I'm hoping that you guys can give me some feedback (both positive and negative) of your experiences in Mexico. Some of my family members and friends are really giving me a hard time for even considering surgery in Mexico, but they are not in my size 24 pants. . .so they cannot understand the desperation!!! I would also like to hear from anyone in Idaho (I'm in Boise) who can give me information regarding doctors that will do fills. I hear this can be one of the major obsticles of going out of state or out of country. Thanks Much!!!! BB
Ferchie
on 9/25/05 5:00 am - Twin Falls, ID
Welcome Brigitte, I am from Twin Falls and am going SOB (South of the Boarder) to Dr Aguirre, I am not having lap band though so I cannot offer you any info on that but I can say that I would never change my mind on going SOB, 1- I cannot afford surgery in the states, 2 - my ins co has a exclusion (Blue Cross/shield) 3- US surgerons are more money oriented than patient oriented (hence the price). My family was a little iffy about me choosing mexico too but I talked to them and told them what it was all about and either they support me or not, most of them chose to support me since it was easier than arguing about it. If you ever wanna talk I am here. Take care- Jeremy - A big 'ol girl
urbrdfs
on 9/25/05 12:04 pm - Williamson, GA
Hi Brigitte - Two weeks ago I had the lapband surgery done in Mexico/Dr. Aceves. I have been very pleased with the entire experience. I am very happy that I followed my heart and had the surgery. I am from Georgia and have found several doctors that will do the fills, also if you go to fillcenterusa there is a new organization that is just starting up (October/November) that their primary purpose is to train nurses/doctors to continue follow-up on patients after WLS surgery. I have been talking with them and have found their prices to be very reasonable/$399 - first time for consultation and fill and $150 thereafter. They will be located throughout the United States.
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/05 7:24 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Hi. Read my profile. Dr. Joya rules!! I'll answer any questions you have. Kina 220/187/130
BeeHappe
on 9/27/05 1:47 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
Hi Brigitte: I also had surgery with Dr. Joya. Kina is right, he rules!!! Check out my profile also and ask any questions that you want. Good luck!! jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views