WLS:Is it really less costly outside USA?

sonja W.
on 9/23/05 12:19 pm - hillsboro, MO
Please help, I must pay for WLS out of pocket. I heard there are good surgeons in columbia, and brazil. Has anyone had experience or know if it really is more cost effective and safe? Quote for St.Louis MO. surgeon is 22,000.00 to 25,000.00 for laproscopic RNY. This includes everything. Can I get the same treatment for less cost south of the border?
Just Me
on 9/23/05 2:06 pm - Happy Place, TN
Hi, I had surgery with Dr. Aguirre and the cost, including hotel stay, flight ticket, surgery, aftercare, etc. for 10 full days was less than $12,000 Besides the cost... he is an excellent surgeon. He only performs OPEN RNY however... proximal not distal... One surgery performed thousands of times... since approximately 1990 or so if I am correct. Laproscopic may be a better form of surgery, but try to remember that each doctor has their own learning curve.... On what spot of their learning curve do you want to be?
BeeHappe
on 9/24/05 1:24 pm - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
Hi Sonja: I had surgery in PV Mexico on August 9th with Dr. Joya. He is a great doc and his staff is awesome. It cost me $12000, this included, my doc, hosp and 10days in a resort by the ocean. It was great. Dr. Joya and his staff come see you everyday while you are at the resort. And the people at the resort know you are Dr. Joyas patients and take special care of you. It was great. Good luck on your decision!!! Jen 275/225/150?
Terri B.
on 9/25/05 1:07 am - St. Louis, MO
Hi neighbor! I am having my surgery in November in Mexico with Dr. Ungson. The total cost I'm anticipating is about $12,500. If you do your reading and research, you will find there are some very reliable surgeons available for a considerable cost savings. Good luck!!
Andrew M.
on 9/26/05 5:27 am - Bethesda, MD
Hi Sonja, You are right. You will find wonderful surgeons in Colombia for a very reasonable price. You may take a look to www.affordablebariatrics.com Several people have gone there for surgery and they are very grateful. I wish you the best luck with your surgery. Regards, Andrew
psgraham29
on 9/26/05 2:26 pm - Seattle, WA
Ummm, I got BETTER treatment than the US for less dollars. Dr. Rumbaut charged $14,400 (though I hear prices may have dropped) for a lap RNY. Did include everything except hotel stay, food, and airfare. I was very pleased with the surgery, surgeon and hospital. Still (knock on wood) complication free. -Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views