My surgery was cancelled

Vicki P.
on 9/23/05 7:36 am - AZ
I went to Ensenada last week and met with Dr. Aguirre. He is every bit as wonderful as everyone has said. I went to the hospital the next morning and was put to sleep. Apparently right when Dr. Aguirre was ready to start cutting, the anesthesiologist noticed something irregular in my heart. They called in a cardiologist and he recommended stopping the procedure. They woke me up, and to say I was dissappointed is an understatement. All I can say is that I am truly grateful to them for their diligent care of me. It was recommended that I go home, see a cardiologist, do as they say and when I am cleared, I can reschedule. Rosella and all the staff were so wonderful and caring. they wiped my tears and held my hand, the same with Dr. Aguirre and the cardiologist. I was released and we went ahead and went back to the Hotel Coral Marina and stayed for a couple of days since we'd driven all the way there. It was beautiful and very nice to get away. I've made an appointment with a cardiologist for Oct. 12. We'll see what happens. I can't help but feel a little down, even though I am very grateful to be here. ~Vicki
Molly Mae
on 9/23/05 7:58 am - WA
Oh Vicki! I am so sorry to hear of your news. Wow, that is an amazing story. I bet you are disappointed and relieved at the same time. What a roller coaster you have been on! Hugs, Molly
gogeko
on 9/24/05 2:48 am - Palmer, AK
WOW VICKI I AM SO SORRY THIS HAPPENED TO YOU. AS MOLLY PUT IT IT IS A ROLLER COASTER OF EMOTIONS YOU MUST BE GOING THRU. IN FEB 2003 I WAS SCHEDULED FOR GASTRIC BYPASS TOO. AND THE MORNING OF THE SURGERY IT WAS CANCELLED. I WAS IN HOSPITAL GOWN AND NURSES WERE PREPARING ME FOR SURGERY WHEN THE SURGEON CALLED TO TALK TO ME. HE TOLD ME I WAS PREGNANT. TO MAKE THIS SHORT A FEW MONTHS LATER I MISCARRIED LOST MY JOB AND INSURENCE COVERAGE. IT WAS DIFFICULT TO DEAL WITH AT TIMES. BUT WHEN EVER I FALL I HAVE TO PICK MYSELF BACK UP. AND I DIDNT GIVE UP. EVENTUALLY I WAS ABLE TO FIND A WAY TO GET BACK ON TRACK TO HAVING WLS. AND I HAD IT IN MAY OF THIS YEAR. I HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR YOU. AND THE DR.S ARE ABLE TO HELP YOU SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE THE SURGERY SOON. I AM SO THANKFUL THAT DR. AGUIRRE AND HIS ANESTHISIALOGIST WERE ABLE TO MAKE THIS LIFE SAVING CALL FOR YOU. IT CONVINCES ME ALL THE MORE OF WHAT A GREAT DR. HE IS. I WISH I COULD GIVE YOU A BIG HUG RIGHT NOW. WITH LOVE CINDY
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views