couple questions about PV

LinZhi's Mum
on 9/23/05 5:05 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Hi everyone! Been in contact with Gerald making arrangements for surgery on Nov 30th. I had a couple questions regarding internet and phone use. I understand there is a internet cafe in hotel area. Do you like charge an hour or something like that? Phone wise, is it easier to have hubby call me each night at a designated time, or can I buy a phone card? we have some international rates on phone, since we call England all the time. Just some ideas on what worked for you guys. Thanks so much. Keep Hurricaine Rita in your prayers. We are ready for the worst case scenerio. We should get possible heavy rains, flooding, and winds. The winds are concerning, since we tend to be referred as tornado alley in these parts. All the hotels are booked here, we have opened up some shelters. I made my final trip to walmart for water, batteries, candles and lighters. Sandy Brown
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/05 6:20 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Hi, Sandy My mom had international rates on her phone so it cost 10 cents per minute when I was in PV. At my house we didn't have special rates and it cost 23 cents a minute for my BF to call. I tried to find a calling card before I went to PV, but couldn't. Of course, I live in a very small town. There is an internet cafe at the hotel. They charge by the half hour, I think maybe $3.00. Donna and Jenny could tell you more about that. I never used it. Definately keeping you folks down south in our prayers. Be safe.... Kina 220/189/130
LinZhi's Mum
on 9/23/05 9:18 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Thanks Kina! I know there are lots of calling cards out there, but I think they are designed for them to be used to call from USA to Mexico. Anyways, I will call sprint and make sure that england and mexico is in same plan. It would be pretty feasible to just have hubby call me at a pre determined time. Especially later in the week, when I might be out catting around the town! I might have to take an extra 3 bucks, it will take me half hour to figure how to email from there...LOL thanks for your prayers! Sandy
BeeHappe
on 9/24/05 1:29 pm - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
Hey Sandy: you are going to love it there. I am so glad you choose Dr. Joya. Isn't Gerald the best!! I used the internet cafe every morning. For a cup of tea and 60 minutes on the internet it was $6 US money. It was great. The young man that runs the internet cafe speaks english and can help you set everything up. You can take your own computer or you can use theirs. I did both. I also got a pedicure while I was there at the resort and it was the best. Cost me like 18 US. Please feel freet to ask anything. I will be happy to let you know anything!!! Good luck and please tell everyone Hi from Jenny!!! Jen 275/225/150?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views