Needing info on hypothyroid & WLS

Lunita
on 9/15/05 2:18 pm - OR
I'm making my first post here. I was just put on a medication called Synthroid because my doctor says my blood test indicates that my thyroid is not doing its job effectively. I was just checking into RNY and was wondering if any here have had the surgery despite having a hypothyroid. I did not get to ask my doctor any questions - it was by phone from nurse that I got word about the diagnosis and treatment. So, if any of you out there can share experiences or info I would love to go to my doctor prepared to ask pertinent questions and make sure I am covering all my options. Thank you all. Your new friend, Luna.
gogeko
on 9/15/05 3:46 pm - Palmer, AK
HEY EVERYONE LUNARAE IS MY TWIN SISTER. GIVE HER A WARM WELOME. LOVE YOU SIS CINDY
Naturegoddess
on 9/15/05 11:04 pm - Victorville, CA
RNY on 08/08/05 with
Welcome Luna! I don't have any information for you... but I did want to say good morning. ~Audrey~
Tracy
on 9/18/05 8:41 am - Arlington, TX
Hi Lunarae! I had the lapband surgery and I am hypothyroid. I know you are interested in the bypass, but just thought I would let you know that there are plenty of us out here that had WLS with hypothyroid. You might post this same question on the main message board. Welcome to the group! Tracy 280/197.5/160 http://www.tracyslapband.com
Lunita
on 9/19/05 2:47 pm - OR
Thank you Tracy. I went ahead and posted on main board and there are quite few here who have the same condition. That was encouraging to know that they have been successful despite it. Thank you for your response. New friend, Luna
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views