daughter surgery report!

GW
on 9/14/05 9:44 am - Weatherford, TX
Dear friends and family, Today Jennifer had her surgery for the thyroid cancer. Her surgery was supposed to start at 9, but as usual, it was hurry up and wait! She went back at 10 and they started around 10:30. It was 2:30 before all was finished. In the beginning, we were told it would be 2-3 hours. It took longer than expected because the tumor had attached itself to the nerve in her vocal cord. The Dr. didn't just want to remove it as she would have lost her voice completely doing that. The tumor had pushed the nerve so far out of shape, that he said it was a blessing that she hadn't lost her voice already. He said he didn't know how she hadn't at least sounded hoarse. Of course, we know it was the Lord! The nerve is supposed to be a straight line, like this __________ and it was bent into a V shape. He did have to do a total thyroid removal so she will be on medicine the rest of her life. He checked the lymph nodes and they were all clean. PRAISE GOD! He said that he feels like he got all the cancer (we are believing he did) If any was left it would be on the nerve, but as I said he did not want to remove that. So, as a precautionary measure, Jennifer will have to do radiation to make sure that the nerve is clean. He also said that she would probably sound hoarse or raspy for the next 6-12 months until the nerve had a chance to heal--if at all. He said it was like a rubberband that has been stretched to it's limit. It might not go back. Who cares? We will take a healthy raspy Jennifer anyday! But, the Lord had other plans. When she got out of recovery and we went in to see her, she spoke to us. She sounded totally normal! Praise the Lord! The Dr. came in about 2 hours later and made her talk to him. He was simply amazed. He just couldn't believe it. She may not have power behind her voice for a while (won't be able to holler at the kids!) but we know that God has her in the palm of His hand and that she is going to be okay. We want to thank you all for your prayers and encouragement and support. Our God is an awesome God and nothing is to difficult for Him. We give God all the glory and all the praise and thank Him for her healing. I have had a few people ask me about a mailing address for cards. Someone also asked if this hospital was set up for email notes. Below is the physical address on the hospital but they are not set up to recieve emails. Thanks for thought anyway! All Saints Hospital Jennifer Haley Room 450 1400 8th Avenue Fort Worth, Tx 76104 Once again, thank you all and May God bless you! In His love, Genie
gogeko
on 9/14/05 4:41 pm - Palmer, AK
HI GW IM HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR DAUGHTER HAS COME THRU SURGERY ALRIGHT. I HOPE SHE CONTINUES TO HEAL AND HAVE A FULL RECOVERY. HUGGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY CINDY
GW
on 9/15/05 8:36 am - Weatherford, TX
Thanks so much Cindy! Genie
BeeHappe
on 9/15/05 5:12 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
Glad to hear that everything came out good. Thoughts and prayers are sent your way!! Jen
GW
on 9/15/05 8:42 am - Weatherford, TX
Jen, Thank you so much for your prayers! Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?