Going to help Katrina Victims!

Renee135
on 9/9/05 5:48 am - seattle, WA
I am self-pay and was planning my surgery for December with Dr. Rumbaut. However, I left my job yesterday and decided to do something I've wanted to do since I was I child. I am going with the Red Cross into the hurricane zone to provide medical care as I am a nurse I will need to use my savings, which means I will be unable to have surgery Im so excited to do this as I feel it is my personal service for the LORD. Pray for me as this struggle will still be with me. I am morbidly obese and the living conditions in the field will be difficult. However, like many of you I am tired of hearing myself say when I lose this weight I will...............start living. I am going with all my fears and praying for GOD's renewing grace. I will leave OCT.1 for minimum of 3weeks. I am going to try and get some of the things I will need donated. I am going to try and raise resource money in order to purchase supplies when I get into the relief area. I will start in Alabama and then be sent out to either MS, LA, FL. They explained that I could be out in the field for days at a time with no food or water. WOW, scary yet everything in me says GOD wants me there. Pray that I can be of service for these people and that their live is better even if for only a moment. I just wanted to share as I feel so much love, kindness and support from this site. Sorry, my profile does not have a lot of info. and you may not know who I am but I know a lot of you by your pictures and your post. Thank You for all Renee Cox
Lorraine Wentz
on 9/9/05 6:51 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Renee, That is the most selfless thing someone could do for the victims of Katrina. I pray that you will be safe and that you will find something in yourself from doing this courageous deed. You are an angel Renee. Anyone that benefits from your presence down there will be blessed. Cheers! Lorraine
vickig
on 9/11/05 6:08 am - CRAWFORD, GA
congradulations on a magnificent choice. i will pray for every night.you can always have wls later. the victims need you now! god speed. good luck!you really are an
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views