How does one find a PS out of country?

Michelle C.
on 9/8/05 12:38 pm - Fountain, CO
I am ready for PS, but I will be self pay. So surgery in the US is out of the question cost-wise. How do people find out where to have PS outside of the US and know that the Dr. is safe and has excellent results? I don't even know where to start. Has anyone in or near Boulder, CO gone through this and willing to talk to me face to face? Thank you to any and all who can help, Michelle
Just Me
on 9/8/05 9:23 pm - Happy Place, TN
I'm sure you are aware... but there is a plastic surgery page on Obesityhelp.com I, too, am currently looking for a plastic surgeon in order to schedule work for this summer. I'm more afraid of having plastic surgery performed outside of the united states than I was of having the gastric bypass performed. However, what I see on television about American plastic surgeons makes me ill. Though the doctors are skilled, it just seems they don't know how to apply the right procedure on the right person. Take someone who has LOTS of extra skin ALL THE WAY around them ... especially around the hips and thighs... For heaven's sake... Why do the physicians do a simple tummy tuc when the patient comes out looking like they still need surgery? When significant skin is present... why not do a beltectomy, full body lift, or horizontal AND vertical abdominoplasty??? Anyway, best wishes to ya! Let us know which doctor you choose!
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/05 1:25 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
HI, Michelle. First of all congratulations on losing your weight. What I did to find my RNY surgeon was to just go to ask.com or google.com and put in (in your case) plastic surgery Mexico (or whatever country you are thinking of). Don't put in too many words in the search bar. You should come up with several hits. Just go to each site and you'll get a feel for their professionalism. Feel free to email as many as you like with all your questions. You'll know by their response, how fast they respond AND their answers, if you feel like you would trust them to do plastics on you. Now, for a little advertisemento, I went to Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for my lap RNY. Couldn't have asked for a better surgeon and the nurses and assistants and hospital and hotel were wonderful. He did mention that there is a doctor he's associated with that does plastics. You might go to www.drjoya.com and contact them and ask about this. Good luck with your search. Let us know how it goes. Kina 220/195/120
DW
on 9/9/05 5:13 am - Galveston, TX
I had a consultation with Dr Fuentes in Mexico, several of the ladies on Dr Aguirre's board have gone to him and were very happy. go to fuentesmd.com Dot
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views