I set my date!

MelanieGoocher
on 9/2/05 10:31 am - Garland, TX
Well, I finally did it! I set my date for September 23rd with Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta. I am so excited, but also very nervous. I am not big on needles or IVs and (to be frank) am a big chicken! I actually chose to have 3 c-sections so I could be good and drugged up wihtout pain because I couldn't stand thinking about the alternative! lol...so needless to say, Dr Joya will have his work cut out for him.
gogeko
on 9/2/05 11:30 pm - Palmer, AK
HI MELANIE ARE YOU HAVING RNY OR LAPBAND? I HAVE A TWIN SISTER WHO IS LOOKING INTO HAVING RNY. SHE WANTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT DR. JOYA. AND WHAT HIS PATIENTS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT HIM. CINDY
intellectualditz
on 9/4/05 11:42 am - OKC, OK
Hi Cindy, I fly out tommorow to have RNY with Dr. Joya. Will be back on the 18th. Will definately be able to give you some info. Evie
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/05 3:17 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Hi, Melanie. Congratulations on your upcoming date!! I'm very excited for you! You will love Dr. Joya and his staff. They are the most caring people!! Don't worry, I'm am also a HUGE chicken when it comes to needles. The only thing in the hospital was the IV. I don't have as much problem with IVs as I do shots. Anyway the nurse got the IV started on the first try. It wasn't that bad. Then after surgery they offered me pain shots, that's the only shots that you probably would see. I didn't take them, because I hate needles! After that, my next fear was getting the stitches out. That was a piece of cake! I felt basically nothing!! At anytime you are worried about something they are doing, just let them know. And let them know you are afraid of needles. They will do whatever they can to not make you nervous. Dr. Carlos Olivares is exceptional at this. If you haven't already. Check out my profile. I was just in PV on Aug 16 for my surgery (lap RNY). Good luck Kina 220/195/120
drhedg01
on 9/3/05 5:06 am - Louisville, KY
RNY on 08/15/05 with
Hey Melanie! Congrats on setting your date. You will LOVE Dr. Joya as we all did. And his sidekick, Dr. Olivaries. Kina wasn't kidding about her loathing of needles - I was there for it! But she and the doctors worked together to minimize the contact and Dr. Olivaries has such a light touch that you won't feel anything with regard to getting your drain pulled or stitches out. I can't BELIEVE we were just there. Monday will be three weeks and it seems like a long time ago. I miss PV and Dr. Joya!
Naturegoddess
on 9/3/05 5:41 am - Victorville, CA
RNY on 08/08/05 with
Congrats!! Never fear, Dr. Joya will take excellent care of you. I'd go do it all again if I needed to... and as for the needles.. I was stuck more here in the states when I came back! I only had 1 IV and when they needed to put the pic line in they put me to sleep so I would stop freaking out. LOL And believe me, the C-sections were more painful than the gastric bypass by far. I remember hobbling around after having my daughter... but in PV I was up and walking and complaining about not being able to see more than the hospital the very next day!!
dancingqueen
on 2/16/06 11:26 am - NY
RNY on 03/14/06 with
hi melanie. my name is stephanie and i'm curious to hear how your surgery went. i've been researching dr joya, and so far he sounds great. my family, however, is not thrilled with me going to mexico for major surgery. if you could share your experience, i would appreciate it. thanks! [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views