Anyone wanna do a happy dance with me?

bonnied
on 8/31/05 2:39 am - St. Albans, VT
Hi guys! I am sooooo happy today! I have lost 53 pounds and only have 47 to go! I had a great time shopping this weekend. I was able to get regular size 16's in the misses dept, not the plus sizes! That's a big change from size 24! I even lost a shoe size! People are now telling me I look like a "normal" person. I am so happy to hear that word, normal! That was really all I wanted, not to be the biggest person in the room, not to be judged as fat or lazy because of my weight. Anyway, I want to share with all of you how happy and truly greatful I am! I am grateful to the Lord for always being by my side and for providing this tool for me to use. And I am very grateful to all of you wonderful people for your encouragement and support. I hope you all realize how much your words mean to someone like me, and all the others who are not very supported in their WLS. Thank you Bonnie
drhedg01
on 8/31/05 4:30 am - Louisville, KY
RNY on 08/15/05 with
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!! Kina and I have been talking about the day we say adios to Lane Bryant so I'm happy you've made it to the "other side" of the stores. You aren't kidding about not wanting to be the biggest person in the room either. ;)
Ally
on 9/1/05 3:33 am - Abilene, KS
Congrats Bonnie! Sounds like you deserve a happy dance. Dr. Rumbaut will band me on Sept 15th...another happy dance on the way! I started my pre-op diet today, but the instructions were pretty vague. Is the pre-op diet different for the RNY? I think I am just suppose to drink protein and water, and avoid carbs. I don't know if I can eat meals or not, do you know? Thanks and keep up the great work! Ally
bonnied
on 9/5/05 2:18 pm - St. Albans, VT
I was never given any pre op diet from him! I even had McDonald's at the hotel the day before surgery! I had though, loosely followed my local WLS program's pre op diet, by Dr. R knew nothing about it. He just gave me a laxative to take the night before. Good luck on your trip!
Cheri Moran
on 9/1/05 12:27 pm - Big Spring, TX
Congratulations! It is a wonderful feeling to not be the largest in the room. I just hurt for the ones that are the largest. It is sad but true that many "normal" people treat you totally different when you become "normal." I've had numerous people make an effort to speak to me or act like I have a brain now that I've lost weight. Keep up the good work - you are doing great! Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views