Plastics

Dinka Doo
on 8/30/05 1:39 am - Medford, OR
Getting ready to brave my insurance company for plastics. Have a feeling I'm going to Brazil for this - anyone else considering Brazil? I have read a lot about a Dr. Fabio (think it's his first name) down there. Anyone know costs? Dina
kix
on 8/30/05 2:15 am - CO
I don't about Dr. Fabio, but I know a number of people who had their DS surgery with Dr. Marchesini use Dr. Cavalcanti for their plastics. I understand he is fairly affordable and dos excellent work. He's in Curitiba, Brazil. Kix
Dinka Doo
on 8/30/05 4:53 am - Medford, OR
Thanks for the info - I'll check it out...
Lorraine Wentz
on 8/30/05 4:31 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Isn't there a plastic surgeon working out of Cardiomed? I figure that's the first place you looked..... Are they too expensive? Cheers! Lorraine
Dinka Doo
on 8/30/05 4:52 am - Medford, OR
Yes, but it changed somewhere along the way and although I feel comfortable going back to Cardiomed, the Brazillians are #1 in plastics even above the US. That and they have concierge services set up that do everything for you from A to Z and have you set up in nice hotels with nurses, etc. You have to be able to be gone a long time with this kind of thing so I was thinking I go where they could pamper me as much as possible during that time. I wouldn't discount going back to Ensenada, but I was leaning toward Brazil.... Dina
Lorraine Wentz
on 8/30/05 4:55 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I've heard that about Brazil. You're right with wanting to go there. Not only getting the best surgeons, but getting pampered as well. You're so smart!! Cheers! Lorraine
pinkpetunias
on 8/30/05 1:19 pm - Duvall, WA
Hi Dina, I have been checking our Brazil also. Although they speak Portugese my Spanish got me by quite well when I was there. I am thinking next summer when school gets out so I have three months to recuperate. I really wanted to go this summer but I am hoping to lose more weight. You look great!
Dinka Doo
on 9/2/05 10:15 am - Medford, OR
Good to hear from you! I have been wondering how you were doing! I would like to get it done in the winter, but I'm not sure I'll be ready that soon. I have more fear with the plastics than I did with the bypass so I'm dragging my feet more with this. How much have you lost now? How are you doing? Dina
pinkpetunias
on 9/2/05 4:12 pm - Duvall, WA
Hi Dina, I am doing very well. I have lost 100 lbs. Not much considering what others lose so quickly but I am so happy with that. I would like to lose about 30-50 more but who knows. Let me know what you decide. I will do my plastics next summer when school gets out. I suppose I can't realy have elective surgery in the middle of the school year.
Dinka Doo
on 9/4/05 6:48 am - Medford, OR
Canela - Knowing what a huge chicken I am it will take me that long to get around to plastics, so if it does, I will definitely try to hook up with you. I am going to try to get insurance to pay but we know how that goes! Still, they do pay sometimes so who knows - I may get this done locally after all! I'll keep you posted! As for your loss, I've been a slow loser also. I'm 3.5 months ahead of you and down 130-133 depending on the day. I had to step up my efforts and it paid off in the last 4 months as I was able to lose about 20 lbs in that time, but it wasn't a cake walk. I just quit eating at work many nights and just drank coffee. It helped get it off fairly quickly each time I would do it though, so I let myself rest and then start up with it again when I need to shake things up a little. The nice side effect to that is that I shrink my pouch a little each time I do that, too. I'm at 192 when I'm not retaining water (like today I'm 195), so I still have about 40 to go. But I will take 30 as I have probably close to 10 lbs of skin I need lopped off. So if I get to 165, I'll be happy. Good to hear from you. I don't see you around the boards much. We all seemed to have lost our interest in sitting in front of the computer sometimes! That's hard for me because I love my computer, but I have so much other stuff going on too! Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views