Insurance paying for fills?

Ally
on 8/26/05 8:03 am - Abilene, KS
Does anyone know if I can get my insurance to pay for my fills, even though I wasn't approved the procedure? I will be banded on Sept. 15th in Mexico, and I didn't know if anyone had been approved by their insurance company for fills? I also have talked to two different doctors that will do my fills for me here in the U.S. Is it important to schedule an appointment with them pre-op or can I wait until I'm a couple of weeks post-op? Thanks for your help, Ally
EBruce
on 8/27/05 7:14 am - Vero Beach, FL
Hi Ally, My insurance has an exclusion for all weight loss procedures so they were also not willing to pay for fills. I am not sure if I could have pushed the issue becasue I like going back to Dr. Aceves for my fills ... he has a real nack for doing them. Another lady that was banded by Dr. Aceves is getting her fills paid for by insurance, so I would suggest talking to your insurance person at work. Good Luck, Elizabeth 240/190/140
nasta
on 8/28/05 3:54 am - Lantana, FL
Hi Ally Elisabeth is right, I am getting my fills paid by the insurance company. I also had my surgery done with Dr. Aceves and I get my fills with Dr. Rosenthal at the Cleveland Clinic in Weston FLorida. Now my insurance also excludes any WLS but they cover the fills, beats me. I had united health care when I had the surgery and they excluded it. Then my insurance changed to Aetna before I ever got a fills so I basically called them and asked the questions. I was so suprised that they covered it. Now my co pay is only $25 and this is much less than flying back to Mexicali, although I wish I could see Dr. Aceves, he is awsome. Do ask your insurance company, it never hurts. ttfn Sari
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views