Going to Mexico 9/15

Vicki P.
on 8/24/05 3:43 pm - AZ
What do we need to go into Mexico? They aren't requiring passports yet are they? Do we need our birth certificate or will a drivers license be enough? A friend and I are driving there, I live southwest of Phoenix. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. ~Vicki
Thin Girl
on 8/25/05 2:52 am - on the Gulf Coast
VSG on 02/28/08 with
You don't need anything to get into Mexico, it's getting back into the US that is the problem. Right now you only need a driver's license to get back into the US. Good luck! K
vickig
on 8/25/05 4:28 am - CRAWFORD, GA
your dr. can also let you know!
aperez
on 8/25/05 5:08 am - waco, TX
how far past the border are you going? you may need a permitt for your vehicle. other than that i go all the time and your drivers license and birth certificate should do it.
Vicki P.
on 8/25/05 5:39 am - AZ
Thanks for the info! I'm going to Dr. Aguirre in Ensenada, just across the border. I hadn't had to use my birth certificate in so long, I've misplaced it! I ordered a new one about 2 weeks ago. I've been reading here on the website for several years, but hadn't posted much. I will be an active member from here on. I applaud all of you, for the terrific support you lend one another, and for your webpages - they are so inspiring. Thanks, ~Vicki P.S. - I noticed I'm not the only Vicki P - yeah!!!
Robbin
on 8/25/05 6:25 am - OK
Vicki P from AZ, I am so excited for you. I hope to be right behind you. Please keep us posted on all the details and don't drop us when you get back. I am hoping to use Dr. Aguire but time will tell. I hate to fly so maybe I'll find a friend and drive. We are in OK, but my husband won't go with me, has this thing about being trapped in Mexico. Talk soon, Robin
Danielle.
on 8/25/05 4:01 pm - Here In, OR
Hi Vicki.. I had surgery with Dr Aguirre on 8/9 and all I needed was my Driver's license however Rosella (his daughter) suggests bringing your Birth Certificate just to be safe. I hope everything goes well for you!!
drhedg01
on 8/26/05 1:52 pm - Louisville, KY
RNY on 08/15/05 with
I had to have my birth certificate and driver's license. I wouldn't go down there without my birth certificate because things can get sticky without it. Congrats on going to Mexico. I'm just back and I can NOT say enough good things about Dr. Joya and his group. They will change the way you look at American doctors, that's for sure!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views